Campus Cutie: Annie Guilyard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Meet Annie Guilyard, a first-year student at UCLA. 

Where are you from? Du Bois, Pennsylvania

When is your birthday? September 18, 1995

What is your major? I’m a Pre-Political Science major right now.

What is your favorite thing about UCLA so far? I love the weather and the campus and the food. Wow, that was 3 things. I just love being here.

What do you like to do on your free time? I like to volunteer when I can. I also like to explore other parts of Los Angeles I haven’t seen. I love to hike and kayak and sightsee so I hope to do more of that in the quarters to come.

What activities/extracurricular activities are you involved in? I am an ROTC cadet here at UCLA so that takes a lot of time, effort and early mornings, but I love it. I also am a member of the Alumni Scholars Club, the Achievement Scholars Club and Rotaract.

What is something you cannot live without? Sugar. I am a sugar fiend. I love chocolate and icing and ice cream and basically everything that isn’t good for you but tastes so good.

Describe yourself in three words. Outgoing, Anxious, Positive

Who is your celebrity crush? Ryan Reynolds, Liam Hemsworth, Ansel Elgort. I love Ansel Elgort. He has a foreign look to him that I just can’t get enough of. Oh and Justin Timberlake, and Nathan Adrian (the Olympic swimmer). Ahh too many to name! 

What is your favorite movie? Friends with Benefits

What is your biggest pet peeves? It really bothers me when people are disrespectful for no rhyme or reason. 

Rachel Bernard is a freshman at UCLA and pursuing a degree in Communication Studies.  Besides being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCLA, Rachel has a style blog called Miss City Chic, which she uses as a creative outlet to connect her interests in fashion, photography, and digital design. Rachel loves anything trendy and fashion-related. She also enjoys exploring the LA community. Her favorite hotspots in LA are Sprinkles Cupcakes, Kitson, Runyon Canyon, and The Ivy Restaurant. Email: rkbernard@comcast.netWebsite: www.misscitychic.com
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.