Campus Cutie Alert: Jessica Valles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Jessica Valles is one of cuties on campus you’ll definitely want to know. With her sweetest smile and bubbly personality, there is no way you wouldn’t want to be around her. A talented, driven young woman, she always makes sure that her academics are her priority. As she continues on with her academic career, she always remembers to stay humble and gives back to her family and community in any way she can.

1. What do you love most about UCLA?

I love the atmosphere and the people. Coming here, you get to meet a diverse group a people that change your perspective on life and the lives of others. You learn to accept the ideas or beliefs of other people because there isn’t just one answer for everything.

2. What would you advise to prospective UCLA students?

If you ever need help, don’t be afraid to ask for it. And never give up, overcome the obstacles you encounter :)

3. What are some of the resources on campus you take advantage of?

Murphy Hall is a lot of help. They have counselors and financial aid too. Everybody is so nice and ready to help you.

4. What is your major and what do you enjoy most about it?

My major is English but I’ve decided to change it because of my interests. I am going to become a Chicano studies major, I love the history and different events taught about in Chicano Studies 10A and 10B.

5. What is a valuable experience that you cherish from UCLA (as of now)?

I’ve learned not to give up on myself mainly because the people around me do not give up on me.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.