Campus Cutie: Abraham Lopez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Campus Cutie: Abraham Lopez

Abraham Lopez, a small town resident from Greenfield CA, is a Top 20 high school graduate from Greenfield High who made the right choice to attend UCLA this fall. Participating in sports since his sophomore year of high school, he plans on bringing his legacy here on the athletic side of UCLA all while pursuing his dream in becoming a sports doctor.

1. What do you like to do in your free time?

I like to hang out with friends and socialize and sometimes hit the gym together. I also enjoy attending any kind of event UCLA has to offer to have a good time. Then I have times where I like staying in my room and just relaxing.

1. What are your plans for the future?

As of now, I’m a pre-med student and I plan on applying to take MCAT. I then plan to apply to medical school, and specialize in sports medicine. I am going to set my goals high and hopefully get into at least one medical school.

1. What do you look for in a girl?

They have to have a goal for their future as well as ambition and confidence. They have to be fit. It is not about looks at all, but being healthy, so we can do things like hiking, running, jogging, and hit the gym together. They also have to respect themselves, have commitment to one person (me, of course). They have to get along with my friends but most importantly my mom, and my mom has to like the girl.

1. What extra-curricular activities do you enjoy? Are you in any clubs or plan on joining?

I enjoy sports a lot. I did football in high school along with soccer, track and field, and GEAR UP. Besides sports, I was part of a program called the Educational Talent Search (ETS), was part of a Catholic youth group, was the ASB treasurer, and participated in the French and math club. I plan on joining the American Medical Student Association, Emergency Medicine Residents’ Association, and Emergency Medical Technician here at UCLA. Sports wise, I want to join the club soccer team here in the spring quarter and intramural teams as well.

1. What has been your most memorable experience here at UCLA so far?

Doing the Freshman Summer Program (FSP). It was a great experience that gave me a taste of the college life that I am going to experience for the next 4 years here of my life.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.