Campus Celebrity: Roy Kim

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Name: Roy Kim

Year: Third-year Exchange Student from South Korea

Major: Psychology

What’s your favorite UCLA memory?

I’m a member of the A Capella group “Awechords” and we’ve performed at many concerts. The best memory is our performance at Vietnamese Culture Night (If you’re interested, search Youtube channel Awechords and check it out!)

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

I’m kind of realist and so I want to live at Miami, Florida, working as a hotel owner. Miami is a good place to live and I can invite all of my friends to my hotel to have a good time. If that dream comes true, I can give you a UCLA discount!

What qualities do you look for in your dream guy/girl?

A girl who is healthy but not picky, sexy but not arrogant– just someone who’s cool and considerate at the same time. If you’re asking for specifics, I appreciate a girl who looks lovely when she smiles and looks fancy when she wears a one-piece.

Now, let’s move on to your favorites!

Movie: Her, starring by Joaquin Phoenix

Song: Royals/Price Tag Mashup,

Book: I don’t have a specific answer for you, there’s just too many to choose from! But this is how I’d order my preferences: Novels > Poems > Biographies > Textbooks.

Food: I love me some Korean BBQ

Drink: Corona with lime.

Study spot: In my room (or in yours… just kidding)

Childhood Memory: I’ve got too many good memories to count. From what I remember, I’ve always been a super extraverted, social and funny guy. Kind of like how I am now… does that mean I’m still a child?

UCLA Communications and Sociology Student. Addicted to mocha and bad jokes.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.