Campus Celebrity: Nina Lamoglia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Meet Nina Lamoglia, a UCLA student who’s kind and bubbly personality make her one of the best kinds of people to be friends with. It’s easy to see where she gets her natural people skills from once you learn about all the places she’s been to. If you ever see her on campus, don’t be shy; you know she’s the type of person who can easily strike up a conversation!

What year and major are you at UCLA?

I’m a second year psychology major.

Where did you grow up, and how has that impacted the person you are today?

I moved around the military bases in Japan for 13 years.  Moving every few years and having to make new friends all over again taught me to be resilient, to make the best out of everything, and the social skills to make friends instantly.

Where is your favorite place that you’ve lived?

That’s a tough one, but I think I would have to say the Kingdom of Bahrain because I learned to appreciate so much about their culture through my experiences and I made some of the best friends. Some of my favorite memories include camel riding, desert racing, and traveling to Germany for cross country and soccer championships with my high school.

What are some differences between your expectations of California and your experience here so far?

California is not just sun, tans, and surfing. It’s so much more than that. I love it here so much and I am happy that I can finally call a place my home!

What is something that most people don’t know about you?

I love Audrey Hepburn movies. It’s on my bucket list to eat a croissant in front of Tiffany’s.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.