Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UCLA Blog

Earth Day 2014

By Aslin Osmara Paxtor
April 12, 2014 - 8:24pm

Earth Day is right around the corner and is the day we love, celebrate, and appreciate our Mother Earth. While the offical Earth Day is on April 22, it is important to be aware of Earth's resources everyday of the year, and how we as a planet use them. Here are some tips to participate in Earth Day and hopefully adapt these habits as an everyday thing! Take shorter showers Use fluorescent light bulbs Turn off all lights and unplug connectors from the wall Don’t use lights until necessary Assort recycling apart from trash (garbage landfills will reduce!) Do not print for your homework unless it is necessary    READ MORE

Avinoam Baral: What you should know about UCLA USAC Chief of Staff to IVP

By Brittany Cowden
April 11, 2014 - 12:38am

Avinoam Baral is one of those people who makes UCLA the incredible place it is. The current Chief of Staff to the USAC Internal Vice President, an active member of PAC, Vice President of the Jewish Student Union and an active member of Peer Health Exchange, Avi seems to be everywhere doing just about everything. A motivational leader on campus he seems to fit it all in, while simultaneously making time for all the fun things that make college so great. So who exactly is Avi and what should you know about our current Chief of Staff?         READ MORE

Post Spring Break Blues

By Elizabeth Zhang
April 6, 2014 - 8:10pm

Another spring break has come and gone. A short week of freedom has passed. Whether you were living it up in Cabo San Lucas, traveling throughout Europe, camping in the wilderness, or just sleeping and Netflixing your days away on the comfort of your couch, there’s always a sinking feeling at the thought of returning to school for another few months. Though the weather is warm, the sun is out, and summer is just only a few months away, people are usually stuck in a rut after they return from spring break (especially if you went on a vacation) You may feel demotivated, sluggish, and tired, but no fear, here are some tips to get you back on track! READ MORE

7 Mantras to Help You Tackle Finals

By Katie Takakjian
March 16, 2014 - 11:19am

With 10th week finished, and finals already starting (sending love to those poor South Campus majors with Saturday finals), we can all use a little inspiration to keep going when the effects of the Red Bull and coffee start to wear off. So without further ado, here are 7 mantras to keep repeating to help you get through the living hell that college students know as "finals week."     1. "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..." READ MORE

Spring Break Hotspots

By samahpirzada
March 9, 2014 - 6:11pm

Finals have arrived. That means night and day have blended and we are all moving into Powell to try to salvage whatever chance we have left at a decent GPA. But on our study breaks, we can stare out the window at the beautiful weather and fantasize about what's on the other side- SPRING BREAK! Here are some easy vacation spots for you to dream about: 1. San Diego READ MORE

8 Signs You're Secretly An Introvert

By Kelly Cheuk Ying Ho
March 2, 2014 - 5:32am

1. Who says I need new friends? I've got more than enough.      2. You dread small talk, and when you actually try to start one...     READ MORE

Why Living With Your Best Friends is like Having the Best Pet in the World

By Anisha Banda
February 23, 2014 - 1:59pm

I’ve never had a pet, but I imagine it is as awesome as living with your best friends! 1. After a long and tiring day at school, nothing sounds better than going home and cuddling with your roomies

Snuggles are food for the soul 2. You often find yourself showing people pictures of them

But seriously...the world needs to be shown! READ MORE

Post Valentine's Day

By Aslin Osmara Paxtor
February 16, 2014 - 2:55am

Now that the official day of love has come to an end, there are so many opportunities to take advantage of as of now. For starters, a majority of items are on sale so go for them goodies! Whether you are single or are in a relationship, there is no reason not to buy chocolates for your own little past time snack or any other occasion that happens to follow Valentine’s Day. If you are in search for home decorating, why not buy some flowers? Add some flavor to your place by decorating your room or having it as a decor to the dining table! READ MORE

Valentine's Day…Why?

By Elizabeth Zhang
February 9, 2014 - 7:49pm

READ MORE

8 Reasons Disneyland is Better Than Frat Parties

By Katie Takakjian
February 2, 2014 - 11:29am

Since hopping in the car and driving down the 5-South to visit Disneyland for the day with my Big and my Little this weekend, I have become firmly convinced that, no matter how old you get, you will always be able to have an amazing time at Disneyland. There may be times in the future where you have to choose between a day (or a night) at Disneyland, and a night out at a fraternity rager. So HerCampus UCLA is here to help you make the right decision!   READ MORE