Blake Lively in the Upcoming Film, The Age of Adaline

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

The Age of Adaline is Blake Lively’s upcoming film and has been receiving positive reviews by a majority of film critics. The Gossip Girl alum has been busy with her career and personal life, from being the spokesperson for L’Oreal Paris to working on her website Preserve all while being a mother to a baby girl, James Lively. Just like her character Adaline, Blake is a timeless beauty and seems to be making her mark in the film industry.

The main protagonist in the film, Adaline Marie Bowman, is a woman who lives a happy life up until her 29th birthday, when everything changed. She gets involved in a car accident on a stormy night, which magically stops Adaline from aging. Before the accident, Adaline had a family but due to her circumstances she could no longer age with them. At some point her daughter reaches and surpasses Adaline’s age, which, seen in the trailer, Adaline says, “I’ll always be your mother and you’ll always be my daughter”.

The storyline takes over the course of eight decades in which Adaline does not allow herself to become close to anyone in fear of anyone discovering her secret. She then meets Ellis Jones, portrayed by Michael Huisman, and he gives Adaline hope in having romance in her life again. However, complications arise after she meets Ellis’s father, portrayed by Harrison Ford. They had a romantic history long before Adaline’s accident and it is this that her secret is now revealed.

Blake arrived at her movie premiere on Sunday April 19 in New York City where she stunned in a red feather-laced gown. Her husband, Ryan Reynolds, was noticeably absent as he is currently filming the upcoming movie Deadpool in Vancouver, Canada. Alongside Lively, Huisman, and Ford, the film also stars Kathy Baker, Amanda Crew, and Ellen Burstyn.

The film is set to release nationally on April 24.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.