This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.
Sororities from all over California headed to Santa Barbara this past weekend to compete in UCSB Alpha Tau Omega’s annual All Sorority Volleyball Tournament. With chapters from UCLA, Davis, and even Arizona, Santa Barbara had each pre-game party and East Beach volleyball court at full capacity. A warm 72 degrees easily allowed for the display of team bikinis and tanks alike, representing each house’s fashionable theme. 

Professional photographers at SOS even captured all the action and memories created that afternoon. ATO made sure to keep participants busy between games with entertainment and information booths including Tangent Trips, DJ’s, and even Wahoo’s Tacos. There wasn’t a lack of cheering at any point in the day, bringing together not only houses, but campuses as well. And with several sororities representing UCLA, our very own Kappa Alpha Theta took home the 2011 championship! Congrats ladies, and let’s be sure UCLA keeps its title within the Bruin circle for years to come!

Other professional photos, like the trophy shot below, are available on http://www.sos-photography.net.
Madeline Hunt is a senior at UCLA majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Spanish. Originally from the laidback beach-town of Santa Barbara, the California native finds the fast-paced nature and eccentricity of LA extremely exciting. Once more, she decided to expand her horizons when she studied abroad this past fall in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Madeline wants to pursue a career in the entertainment industry and is considering broadcast journalism and public relations as potential options. On campus, she is currently the Public Relations & Marketing Director for the student- run organization Fashion and Student Trends and an intern at E! News. She served as an entertainment reporter on UCLA’s accredited student newspaper, The Daily Bruin, under the video division and is a current member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority. During her free time, she enjoys playing tennis, exercising, going to the beach, shopping (online shopping will be the death of her!), reading Glamour and Cosmo, eating Mexican food and sushi, spending time with her friends, practicing her Spanish, and satisfying her weakness for caffeine with Starbuck’s lattes.