Asics Los Angeles Marathon 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Los Angeles hosted the 29th annual Los Angeles Marathon sponsored by Asics and gave a fun opportunity for the local community to check out. The course, known as From Stadium to Sea, began from Dodger Stadium, located at the top of Elysian Park and runs throughout Los Angeles, ending in the city of Santa Monica on Ocean Avenue, as it does so every year. On March 9th 2014, people from all around the city as well as foreigners from outside the city came together to run 26.2 miles, for reasons such as charity fundraisers to achieving their personal goal of running a marathon. What made this a little more challenging was the fact that Daylight Time Savings took place, leaving runners having to adjust their sleeping schedule, in hope of not oversleeping and missing the race.

With that in mind, the marathon held five different race categories, with the Handcycle Race starting at 6:50 am and the Wheelchair Race began at 6:55 am. At 7:10 am, the Elite Women started which then was followed by the Elite Men and Full Field at 7:25 am. The first place winner of each team will win prize money and recognition. Plans for the 2016 Los Angeles Marathon have already been made, in which the marathon will be hosting the men and women’s U.S. Olympic Trials Marathon, from winning a bid. The marathon began from early in the morning and ended around midday, so traffic wasn’t so bad, and here’s hoping the marathon bus did not surpass people to pick them up and cut their race short. With the marathon over, it is already time to prepare for next year’s Asics Los Angeles Marathon, which will be hosted on March 22, 2015.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.