9 Inspirational Quotes from Our Favorite Female Characters on TV

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Female centric TV shows seem to be a rare occurrence, but through these programs, women can become empowered to keep fighting the good fight. We all need people to look up to that inspire our dreams and goals. It’s in these iconic female characters that we can find exactly that. With the following quotes in mind, you’ll be willing to do anything to get everything you want from life!

1. “I expect you to have adventures. To make mistakes, and make amends. To take a leap, and make a splash. And I expect you to unleash holy hell on anybody who tries to hold you back.” – Jaqueline Carlyle, The Bold Type

2. “Don’t let fear keep you quiet. You have a voice, so use it. Speak up. Raise your hands. Shout your answers. Make yourself heard. Whatever it takes, just find your voice, and when you do, fill the damn silence.” – Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy

3. “I can’t tell you that this is going to work out. There’s no guarantees. But if this turns out to be a big mistake, then let’s make it the most fun f*cking mistake we’ve ever made.” – Fiona Gallagher, Shameless

4. “I am a goddess, a glorious female warrior. Queen of all that I survey. Enemies of fairness and equality, hear my womanly roar.” – Leslie Knope, Parks and Recreation

5. “Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning for the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens.” – Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

6. “There is no perfect plan to getting your life right. There’s always compromises.” – Liza Miller, Younger

7. “Destiny is for losers. It’s just an excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.” – Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl

8. “Life kicks you around, sometimes. It scares you and it beats you up, but there’s a day when you realize that you’re not just a survivor — you’re a warrior. You’re tougher than anything it throws your way.” – Brooke Davis, One Tree Hill

9. “Nolite te bastardes carborundorum! (Don’t let the bastards get you down)” – The Handmaid’s Tale

Emily is a graduate of UCLA and former Senior Editor of Her Campus at UCLA. During her free time, Emily loves to read, travel and binge-watch episodes of Gilmore Girls. She can be reached at emilylentz47@gmail.com.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.