8 Tips and Tricks to Take Your Outfit from 0 to 100 Real Quick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

We all get to that point in the year where our wardrobe really doesn’t excite us! For me, that usually happens during spring – although I’m not sure why! Instead of giving in to the temptation and going an unnecessary shopping spree, here are 8 tips and tricks to help you amp up your outfits and fall back in love with your wardrobe!

1. Cuff your jeans

Not only does this make your jeans feel and look new regardless of how many times you’ve worn them, it also allows you to show off your shoes! And during colder months this is a great way to show some skin without completely freezing! This tip works no matter what style of jeans your wearing but it especially looks great with boyfriend cut jeans paired with booties.

2. Knot your top

This will make your outfit look a lot more interesting and it’s an easy way to show off your waist! It works best with button up shirts but it looks great on oversized tees too! To mix it up, place the knot on the side instead of the front.

3. Tuck in your top

This makes your outfit look instantly more polished. If you happen to be wearing high-waisted bottoms then is yet another great way to show off your waist!

4. Belt up!

Belts give an outfit more shape and defines your figure which is really important if you’re wearing many layers – belts prevent all those layers from bunching up weirdly!

5. Accessorize with jewelry

Chunky necklaces, chokers, dangly earrings, and stacked rings are just some of the different ways you can use jewelry to give your outfit a little more edge. But don’t get too carried away. A good way to ensure that you don’t overdo it with the jewelry is to always take off the last piece you put on – odds are your outfit still looks bomb without it!

6. Lips and brows

Any kind of color on the lip whether it’s lipstick, lip tint, or lip stain is guaranteed to make you look like you put a lot more effort into your appearance than you actually did! Tailor your lip color to the style of your outfit but don’t be afraid to wear a bolder color or even something more nude! As for brows, once you find the right shape and fill in your brows, your face will be instantly better framed and defined! The awesome thing about throwing on a lip color and filling in your brows is that it doesn’t take more that 15 minutes!

7. Sunglasses

This is an effortless way to make any summer outfit look even more chic! To really pull off this look, make sure you find the right frame for your face. Typically people with round or heart-shaped faces look better with square or rectangular glasses whereas people with more defined jaw lines and cheekbones suit more circular and oval-shaped glasses.

8. Throw on a structured jacket

Everyone should own either a structured denim, leather, or bomber jacket! These jackets make any outfit more edgy, especially when paired with something that’s more loose-fitting! If you want to be really bold then consider getting a colored jacket, but make sure it’s a color that could go with a variety of outfits – burgundy, pastel blue, and olive green are my personal faves!

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.