8 Reasons Disneyland is Better Than Frat Parties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Since hopping in the car and driving down the 5-South to visit Disneyland for the day with my Big and my Little this weekend, I have become firmly convinced that, no matter how old you get, you will always be able to have an amazing time at Disneyland. There may be times in the future where you have to choose between a day (or a night) at Disneyland, and a night out at a fraternity rager. So HerCampus UCLA is here to help you make the right decision!

1. The people at the front entrance are much nicer at Disneyland than they are at fraternity houses.

No matter what you’re wearing or who you’re with, you’ll always be greeted with a smile by the Cast Member at the turnstile. Also, when they say “hello, Princess” to you, it’s adorable. When the frat boys say it to you, it’s just creepy.

2. Your pictures will have better lighting (and better photographers).

Without fail, any adorable Lineage photo that you try to take in the foyer of Alpha Alpha Alpha is NOT going to come out well. That random guy you handed your phone to for the sole purpose of taking the photo is totally inept compared to the friendly Cast Member stationed outside Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.

3. The music is better.

I don’t care who you are, you cannot fail to want to dance along like a dork to the music pumping through Disneyland at all hours. Also, everyone knows all the songs! Unlike trying to dance to that terrible EDM beat next to some overly-friendly freshman pledge, you’ll actually be smiling and enjoying yourself.

4. The lines for everything (especially the bathroom) are way better.

If you’ve got to stand around waiting for something, you might as well do it in a beautifully Imagineered line. Compared to a dark hallway where the line for the bathroom NEVER seems to move, even a 75 minute wait for Indiana Jones seems like a pleasure.

5. The costumes are way more adorable (and much less offensive).

When you lean over to whisper to someone in a fraternity, “oh my god…look at what she’s wearing”…it’s usually because whatever she’s wearing (or not wearing) would make your mother go blind. When you do it at Disneyland, you usually do it because you’ve just seen two sisters dressed up as Anna and Elsa from Frozen, and it’s the most adorable thing on the planet.

6. The food and drink is so much better at Disneyland.

Churros. Just churros. And that’s all.

7. The entire place is so much cleaner.

According to my Big, Walt Disney once studied people at another (lesser) theme park, and found that it took an average of 30 steps before they would just drop their trash on the ground. To keep his park clean, he placed trash cans roughly every 30 steps throughout his parks. You won’t see red Solo cups littering the ground at Disneyland!

8. Without a doubt, your night will have a better end on the worst night at Disneyland than on the best night at a fraternity.

During a night out on Frat Row, the ending is never good. Maybe someone is in tears or someone got into a fight, maybe someone is missing or someone lost their phone, or maybe you hit the jackpot and every single one of those things (and more) went down. The end of the night at a frat house doesn’t come close to the fireworks show at Disneyland. It’s freaking magical and beautiful, and if you don’t walk away with a smile on your face, you’re just inhuman.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.