danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 On-Campus Resources You Should Be Taking Advantage Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Here at UCLA, there are so many services and resources offered to help you. Whether you are looking for academic help or just looking for something to do, there are tons of resources at UCLA you can take advantage of.

1. Undergraduate Writing Center

Person writing in agenda on desk
Photo by STIL from Unsplash
Need writing help? Look no further than UCLA’s Undergraduate Writing Center. You can get help here for anything, from a personal essay to a research paper. Plus, with locations on campus and on the Hill, it’s super convenient for students. Simply log on to your MyUCLA and make an appointment with them! But make it fast though- they fill up fast!

2. Scholarship Resource Center

dollar bills
Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash
It is a universally known fact that college is expensive. Take advantage of UCLA’s Scholarship Resource Center. They post all kinds of scholarships here, and you’ll be sure to find one that you meet the requirements for.

3. Evening Escorts

UCLA is a place that values your safety. If you ever feel uncomfortable walking around campus alone at night, UCPD will be there for you. From dusk until 1AM, you can call (310) 794-WALK to request a Community Service Officer to find you and safely escort you to your destination.

4. Research Help

Woman sitting on bed with laptop and books
Photo by Windows from Unsplash
Have a big research paper and don’t know where to start? Doing some personal research for your own interests? Or maybe you just want some research experience? UCLA’s libraries are here to offer you research help. You can chat with a librarian online, call and email a library or drop in to speak with a librarian! Librarians can help you get started with your research and make the big project a lot more manageable.

5. Library Workshops

The library also has scheduled workshops every month that you can take advantage of! Look on their website for the schedule, time and location of the workshops. Workshops cover a range of research information, and can help you improve your citation skills or learn about data management.

6. Career Center

women during interview
Pexels / mentatdgt
Visit the UCLA Career Center to make your job and internship search more manageable. The Career Center keeps you updated with new postings of jobs and internships. Plus, it hosts workshops to help you feel more career-ready!

7. CLICC

Want to reserve a study place so that you can study with your friends? Having technical problems and wishing you could borrow a laptop for just a couple hours? UCLA’s CLICC is here to lend a helping hand! With CLICC, you can reserve study spaces, borrow laptops/iClickers and more!  

8. Volunteer Center

If you’re looking for ways you can provide service to and help out your community, then the Volunteer Center is the place for you. UCLA’s Volunteer Center is constantly finding new events for volunteers to help out in, and you can join them!

For all the needs and advice you’ll need, UCLA has a place to offer you help. Take advantage of these resources while you’re here!

Kalysa was the 2020-21 Editor in Chief and Campus Correspondent for the UCLA chapter of Her Campus. She was also previously a Senior Editor and Feature Writer for the chapter. On the rare occasion she's not busy studying for school or writing for Her Campus, you'll probably find her indulging in tiramisu or reading (and re-reading) her favorite novels. 
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.