sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Things to do with your Gal Pals on Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

If you don’t have a date for Valentine’s Day, never fear! We’ve compiled a few Galentine’s Day activites that are perfect for you and your closest friends.

1. Go to the movies  

How can you go wrong with a dinner and movie date? Dine in or out and then head to the theatres to watch The Space Between Us, Rings, or Fifty Shades Darker. 

2. Baking

Who doesn’t love celebrating holidays with sweet treats? Look up some yummy recipes and treat yourself to brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and ice cream to get your sugar fix. 

3. Go to dog or cat cafe

What better way to spend your day than with animals? Check out the Crumbs & Whiskers Cafe on Melrose to hang out with some cats or The Dog Cafe in Westlake to play with puppies. Crumbs & Whiskers hosts different events like Cat Yoga and they are even having their own Galentine’s Day Party. Reservations are highly recommended at both establishments so reserve your spot today! 

4. Go for a hike

Depending on the scenery you’re aiming for, there are a lot of different options for a hike in L.A. Head up to Runyon Canyon to get an incredible view of L.A. and the Hollywood Hills or Franklin Canyon Park for some incredibly beautiful wildlife trails. If you’re craving an incredible view of the Pacific Ocean, head up to Solstice Canyon in Malibu. 

5. Go to the beach

There’s probably nothing more beautiful than a sunset on the beach and L.A. has a lot of different options for you to choose from. From Venice to Santa Monica to El Matador State Beach (our recommendation), the picturesque possibilities are endless.

6. Go to the zoo

Who doesn’t love animals? Spend the afternoon checking out your favorite animals and then finish off the night by stopping by Griffith Observatory or just driving through the hills.

Photos courtesy of impawards.com, selwood.ie, crumbsandwhiskers.com, outdoorproject.com, welikela.com, 1dayinla.com

Megan is UCLA's Co-Campus Correspondent. She is a 4th year English major and Education Studies minor at UCLA. When she's not at a coffee shop reading, she loves going to the beach and trying different cuisines at new restaurants.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.