samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Multitask this Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

I am sorry to be the one who has to say it out loud, but finals week has arrived. Finals week often feels like one giant blur because we don’t sleep, we don’t eat, and we skip the gym. With the amount of studying we have, it often feels as if there is no time to do anything else. But here are 5 ways to multitask this finals week and do other things while you study:

1. Study while you are at the gym: I actually enjoy reading a book while on the bicycle or memorizing my notes in between squats.

2. Study during the commercials of your favorite shows: One of the most annoying things about watching shows online is that they have endless commercials. But take advantage of those commercial breaks and use them to quiz yourself with flashcards.

3. Download the Quizlet app on your iPhone and study whenever you find yourself waiting around: The Quizlet app lets you make flashcards and then turns those terms into study games. When you’re waiting in lines at the dining halls or the grocery store, waiting outside your apartment for friends, or walking to class, whip out the app and quiz yourself.

4. Study when you eat: One of my favorite things to do is to study in the dining halls. Instead of using your mealtimes to space out or socialize, try studying.

5. Study in the shower: When you’re in the shower, review your notes in your head. I know it sounds funny, but it can be a good time to reflect on what areas you need to focus on more.

*GIFs from the iPhone GIF feature & teaser photo from Her Campus.com 

Hannah Wren is an English major and Digital Humanities minor on the Dean's Honors List for outstanding academic performance at UCLA. Hannah loves to write and has ample writing experience outside of school. Currently, she works at 7 Generation Games where she creates content for their website to engage and inspire their users. When she is not writing or working, she enjoys spending time with her family, bonding with friends and reading. After she graduates college, Hannah hopes to become a UX designer, entertainment journalist and publish a novel.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.