nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Have a Productive Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It is the end of the quarter and you are finally done with finals. Winter Break has just begun and all you can think about is how much sleep you will get. While that is an absolute must, there are other things you should be doing this break to make it as productive as possible. Below is a guide that will get you started.

1. Do your research

With no classes to worry about, this is perhaps the best time to do your research on future internships you would like to have. Many summer internships are already listed and the deadlines tend to be early on in the year. So don’t wait until the last minute when you are in school and busy, trying to finish up your paper or study for your exams. That said, this is also the perfect time to freshen up your resume and work on your cover letters! This may seem simple, but trust me it takes up more time than you would think.

2. Plan ahead and stick to your New Year’s Resolution

The New Year is right around the corner and so is your soon to be home–the gym. But, to ensure that you actually stick to your new resolution, making a plan before you start is the best route. Utilize your time off to research different kinds of workouts and machines and create a tangible schedule that you can stick to! This way you will have a real inclination to start your resolution and maintain it.

3. Do something fun!

While sleeping all day may sound great, remember this is your time off without school to worry about! Hardly anyone remembers the ten million naps they took during the break, but they will remember the memories they made! Whether it is taking a road trip or going to the movies with your friends, making the best out of your break will leave you feeling happy and festive.

4. Shop … it solves everything

There have been plenty of times where I’ve neglected shopping because I am so busy. The worst part is, I miss the sales that go on. Well, this winter break, plan smart and go shopping for staple winter pieces for your wardrobe or go back to school shopping for fresh supplies!

5. Relax

Of course this includes sleep, but truly relax. Focus on your resume and plan out how you will meet your goals, but also remember to relax. Take the time to do things you enjoy even if it means watching Netflix at off hours. Not only will it lower your stress levels, but it will also clear your mind so that you can tackle the next school year.

Whatever you decide to do this break, remember to always make the best out of it!

Gif courtesy of giphy.com

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.