This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Valentine’s day is coming up and that means it’s time to start planning your date ideas with your significant other. For all you single gals out there, don’t fret: these ideas are great to do solo or with your girlfriends.

Los Angeles is known for having some great restaurants that offer delicious food with great vibes and at relatively low prices. To help you chose where to “treat yo self” this Valentines day, we’ve complied a list of some of the best eateries in LA.

1) Guisados 

8935 Santa Monica BlvdWest Hollywood, CA 90069

Yelp: 4.5 Stars

Guisados offers homestyle tacos with a chill atmosphere that showcases local artists’ art works. Their entire menu is gluten free and they offer delicious vegetarian and vegan tacos. Also, their aguas frescas are to die for.

2) Trois Familia 

3510 Sunset BlvdLos Angeles, CA 90026

Yelp: 4 stars

Trois Familia offers a blended menu of Mexican and French cuisine. They open daily from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This quaint place offers great breakfast and lunch. Just make sure to arrive there early as wait time can get long.

3) Otium 

222 S Hope StLos Angeles, CA 90012

Yelp: 4 stars

Located within walking distance of The Broad, Otium’s dishes are artworks on their own. Their stellar menu offers great options for brunch.

4) Gracias Madre 

8905 Melrose Ave

West Hollywood, CA 90069

Yelp: 4 stars

Gracias Madre offers Mexican food with an additional twist­ – it is all vegetarian and gluten free. If their delicious food doesn’t amaze you, their beautiful ambiance will be sure to wow you.

5) Lyfe Kitchen

9540 Washington Blvd

Culver City, CA 90232

Yelp: 4 stars

Lyfe Kitchen offer quality Gluten-free and vegetarian food that is sure to please all palates. If you visit Lyfe Kitchen, make sure to try one of their amazing Lyfe waters with Chia.

Images courtesy of Yelp, Guisados, Trois Familia, Otium, Gracias Madre and Lyfe Kitchen.

Mariana is a fourth year student UCLA majoring in International Development Studies and minoring in Urban and Regional Studies. She loves anything and everything with glitter on it. On her free time she enjoys eating acai bowls with her pet bunny, Lenord
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.