5 Types of Playlist Every Girl Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Music is universal. There is a song for every mood, event, day, feeling and expression. When going through life, a young collegiette needs 5 playlists that are essential for her success. Here are the top 5 playlists you need to make and have on rotation.

1. Study Music

This will feature some classical, soft, slow music to help you concentrate on studying or even to help you fall asleep! Feature composers like Ryuichi Sakamoto, some smooth jazz and scores to films like Memoirs of a Geisha and Harry Potter!

2. Feels

Has your bae been acting up or ain’t been treating you like the queen you are? This is time to bring out your playlist for being in your feelings over a boy. Put some Drake and SZA on and just forget about him— remember you’ll always have Summer ’18. 

3. Disney

Take it back old school! Make a playlist with all your childhood songs you grew up with, when you were driving your parents crazy constantly singing along to. Start with your favorite film and go from there, it’s super easy and a great trip down memory lane. Use this playlist for when your feeling silly, homesick or even just want something familiar to listen to.

4. Girl Power

Getting ready to head out into the world? This is the playlist for that! Include some 5th Harmony, Spice Girls, TLC, Stevie Nicks, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears anything to help you get hyped and excited for where your going and confident you look AMAZING! 

5. Oldies

Missing your parents? Listen to the music they listen to! Make a playlist with some of your parents favorite songs that were popular in their youth. Call your folks and take a trip memory lane with the oldies they love! 

Images courtesy of pinterest.com, odyessey.com

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.