jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Hottest West Coast Fashion Trends for the Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

From October 15 to 22, Her Campus at UCLA is partnering with Her Campus University of Illinois at Chicago to compare the dynamic cities of Los Angeles in Chicago during the fall. Join the conversation on social media #HCUICLA.

Alright, I admit it. We West Coasters don’t ~exactly~ have an official fall season. The whole leaves changing and cold weather situation? Not really our thing. But that doesn’t mean we don’t take the changing of seasons seriously when it comes to revamping our wardrobes. Here are 5 of the hottest West Coast fashion trends for the fall:

1. Satin Bombers

With the cold weather (or lack thereof), satin bombers are the perfect way to stay warm without overheating. Paired with some good denim and your favorite sneakers, you can rock this athletic-chic look anywhere you go.

Photo from The LA Native // Our pick: H&M Short Bomber Jacket

2. Berets

A beret’s official definition is “a round flattish cap of felt or cloth”. Albeit unappealing on paper, the beret is one of this year’s trendiest hats. Coming in a variety of materials and colors, from velvety red suede to jet black wool, berets #dothemost by keeping your head warm and your outfit hot.

Photo from Jenn Im // Our pick: UO Kangol Beret

3. Camera Bags

Camera bags are – no surprise – modeled after bags that are used to store cameras, lenses, and other photography accessories. Recently, this structured square shape has become increasingly popular, especially with Gucci’s new redesign of their classic Soho Disco into the new Marmont Mini.

Photo from Pinterest // Our pick: Marc Jacobs Snapshot Camera Bag

4. Mini Dress

A cult-classic, the mini dress is a winner year-round. In particular, this piece looks extra flattering when cuffed at the wrist with long sleeves and paired with some ankle boots. 

Photo from Topshop // Our Pick: Topshop Foil High Neck Mini Dress

5. Cropped Sweaters

This will always go down in my fashion book as the biggest oxymoron. A cropped sweater provides (minimal) warmth, while giving the opportunity to elongate your lower body. Cropped sweaters are my favorite for those mid 60 degree days (aka every day in November?). They’re the perfect lounging outfit when paired with some high waisted sweats. Concerned about showing too much skin? Tie a flannel around your waist for added color and warmth.

Photo from Madison Beer // Our pick: UO Out From Under Cropped Hoodie

Katie is a Junior studying Communications at UCLA. In her spare time, she can be found blogging (katiexkim) and almost always reading the latest edition of Vogue.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.