4 Best Black & White Desserts in Los Angeles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

One of my favorite party theme trends is Black & White. While it is super easy to dress to and decorate for, the hard part is finding the perfect treats to serve your guests. After obsessing over Pinterest boards and taste testing dessert shops all over Los Angeles, I came up with these 4 must have treats for any Black & White themed party. 

1. Black & White Cupcakes from Sprinkles

These cupcakes are the best of both worlds. Chocolatey with a delicious vanilla buttercream frosting and chocolate sprinkles on top. It is the perfect mix of chocolate and vanilla and goes great with this Black & White theme. These beautiful cupcakes are great for sharing at parties and easy to eat without making a mess. The entire party will be buzzing about the cupcakes and the pink cupcake ATM you got them from.

2. Truffle Cake from Magnolia Bakery

The truffle cake is one of my favorites from Magnolia’s Bakery (after their famous banana pudding). It is so thick and chocolatey, but also somewhat fluffy. The white chocolate frosting inside is to die for. It also has an amazing combination of chocolate and dark chocolate and looks beautiful. While this 6 inch cake might seem small, it can actually bring happiness to 10-12 people. 

3. Macarons from Dana’s Bakery

Dana’s Bakery has BEST macarons I have ever tasted. These delicious treats come in so many different flavors and designs, include these Black & White macarons which came in their back to school special pack. I also really love how the Salted Dark Chocolate cookie is dipped in dark chocolate. The different flavors were all so buttery and smooth. 

4. Black & White Cookies from Canter’s Deli

I went to Canter’s looking for their famous Black & White cookie and left with SO MANY delicious Black & White decorated desserts. My favorite was the crunchy zebra napoleon with the amazing custard frosting. Other yummy treats include chocolate cake and cheesecake. I highly recommend getting an assortment their Black & White desserts rather than sticking to just the traditional Black & White cookie.

Photos Courtesy of Sara Zaghi

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com