freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Sweetest Treats to Bake for Your Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.
Valentine’s Day is quick approaching, so whether you’re going to be celebrating with your friends or that special someone, it’s important that you have some good food. After all, the best way to get to a man’s heart is through his stomach! And even if you don’t have a bae, what better excuse is there to make cute pink desserts than Valentine’s Day? So without further ado, here are a few tasty and adorable sweet treats to make for the big day…

(Disclaimer: These are my own photos that I took after baking all of these sweet treats … so if I can do it, you can too.)

1. Strawberry Sprinkle Cupcakes

These little bite-sized beauties are amazing and incredibly easy to make. Don’t be fooled by the pictures—I actually used a store-bought cake mix for this, shh! All you’ll need for this recipe is a strawberry cake mix, mini cupcake holders, cream cheese frosting, and red sprinkles. Bam, easy peasey. 

2. Red Velvet Cake Pops

Who doesn’t like red velvet? I’m not going to lie, these are going to be a little more time consuming, but they are still fairly easy to make. I somehow stumbled upon this recipe years ago, and I’m obsessed with it. Not only are these cake balls super fun to make, but they are also super fun to eat! Also, you get to add your own personal touch when decorating. To begin making these beauties, click here.

.

3. Strawberry Cheesecake Macarons

So I saw this recipe on a Tasty video while scrolling through Facebook, and I knew I had to make them. I mean, how adorable are these? Macarons require some patience, but once you get the sandwich part down, you’re pretty much good to go. These soft, fluffy sandwich filled with cream cheese and strawberry jam are to die for! Click here to make some macarons!

Photos Courtesy of Carly Steinberg/ @creationsbycarly
Carly is a features writer for Her Campus at UCLA. In her free time she loves to sing, write, and spend time with her friends and family. 
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.