element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Halloween Couple Costumes from Literature

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

The Halo-weekend countdown begins! If you want to be supper cute and dress up with your significant other, but have no idea what to be, I got your back. For all the nerds like me who love to read, here are ten couples from literature that would definitely make you and your BF/GF stand out at any Halloween party and will certainly get you lots of likes on your Halloween Instagram post.

1.) Miranda and Ferdinand from Shakespeare’s The Tempest.

If you want to go all out, hold a chessboard as a prop for your costume.

*Photo from shakespeare-online.com

2.) Sancho Panza from Miguel de Cervantes’ Don Quixote.

Although they have a hero and sidekick relationship rather than a romantic one, they make a great pair.

*Photo Credit: pinterest.com

3.) Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy from Austen’s Pride and Prejudice.

Who wouldn’t want to be a couple that gets 10 thousand pounds a year (that’s about 500,000 to one million US dollars)?

*Photo Credit: fanpop.com

4.) Penelope and Odysseus from Homer’s The Odyssey

*Photo Credit: d.umn.edu

5.) Antonio and Bassanio from Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice

Let’s be honest, these two definitely have the hots for eachother. Sorry Portia!

*Photo Credit: freiheitfreedom.altervista.org

6.) Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester from Bronte’s Jane Eyre

This is a great costume if your significant other is older than you by a couple years or 20.

*Photo Credit: bookequals.com

7.) Romeo and Juliet from Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.

#couplegoals 

*Photo credit: amazonaws.com

8.) Hamlet and Ophelia from Shakespeare’s Hamlet

If you’re Ophelia you should wear a flower crown on your head to represent the totally WTF way she dies.

*Photo Credit: carolmalone.blogspot.com

9.) Emma Woodhouse and George Knightley from Austen’s Emma

Don’t be Clueless and stick to the original.

*Photo Credit: wikipedia.org

10.) John Watson and Mary Morson from Doyle’s The Sign of the Four

*Photo Credit: edemptiosehnsucht.blogspot.com

Oedipus and his mom. I’M TOTALLY KIDDING. But to each his own.  

Hannah Wren is an English major and Digital Humanities minor on the Dean's Honors List for outstanding academic performance at UCLA. Hannah loves to write and has ample writing experience outside of school. Currently, she works at 7 Generation Games where she creates content for their website to engage and inspire their users. When she is not writing or working, she enjoys spending time with her family, bonding with friends and reading. After she graduates college, Hannah hopes to become a UX designer, entertainment journalist and publish a novel.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.