Spring Colorboard: Coral & Nude

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

We all know every collegiette loves spring for the following reasons: fresh cut blooms, sunny afternoons, and of course, shopping. In light of this, Her Campus UC Irvine is bringing you a brand new blog series in which our writers will create two color boards per week, based on their favorite spring hues. In the spirit of frugality, we’ll only be featuring the best finds under $75 to keep your wardrobe and wallet full this spring season.

Coral Drop Neck Blouse, Miss Selfridge $61 Leather Punchout Crossbody Bag, Topshop $70 Coral & Goldtone Bib Necklace, JC Penny $16 Coral Beach Sunglasses, MNG by Mango $25 Tied by Tied earrings, Modcloth $12 Angora Pointelle Snood Scarf, Topshop $56 Coral Detailed Skinny Belt, Dorothy Perkins $12 Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture -36: Corail Legende, Barneys New York, $30 Although coral’s been on the runway for a while, it’s still one of my favorite colors. Some of my top picks from my color board include the stud earrings, detailed belt, and drop neck blouse. I personally dislike the weight of heavy, dangly earrings, especially in the midst of spring humidity, so these coral studs are a perfect way to pack a punch of vivid color in a small dose. Following similar suit, this belt from Dorothy Perkins is a nice way to incorporate a pop of coral into your denim or white ensemble without appearing too overwhelming. Last but not least, the billowy Miss Selfridge blouse is toned down shade of coral that radiates a feminine vibe. Still nervous about rocking a bold color? You can still embrace spring style by using coral in moderation through fun accessories like the bib statement necklace from the set.

Buttercream Dress, Modcloth $65 All Tied Together Necklace, Modcloth $10 BEASST Blush Platform Pumps, Steve Madden $40 Cream Clutch, Express $25 Guinevere Owl Earrings, Nordstrom $38 Blazer, H&M $49 NARS lip gloss in Striptease, Nordstrom $24 Dare to go bare? Don’t worry, you don’t have to show off more skin than is appropriate to try this style. Look sophisticated, yet sexy in skin-toned dresses, jackets, and accessories because nude is the new neutral. As a staple piece in any girl’s wardrobe, nude heels are the secret to faking mile-long legs, so try these ones from Steve Madden next time you want to add something extra to your outfit. Not a big fan of high heels? You can still incorporate flesh-toned fashion into your wardrobe with a nude clutch or a spring-appropriate blush colored dress. And when in doubt of what to wear one day, go with the tried and true blazer. A light beige blazer exudes class and style while being casual enough for day, but sleek enough for a night out, too. Nude apparel is complemented beautifully with dainty gold jewelry; add a delicate bow necklace for a touch of femininity or accessorize with some super cute and quirky owl studs. Embrace this natural color this spring for a chic and timeless update to your wardrobe!

Pin us on Pinterest!

Rebecca grew up in Hercules California (Norcal), but now lives in Orange County (Socal). She is a senior psychology and social behavior major and management minor at the University of California, Irvine. Rebecca is currently the Co-president/Correspondent at UC Irvine Her Campus Branch and served as the branch's  Social Media Director during the 2010-2011 school year. She traveled around the globe this summer to Paris, Munich, Zurich, Milan, Rome, Venice, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Honolulu after studying abroad in London. It was an AMAZING experience. At UC Irvine she is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta.