Your UCF End-of-Semester Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Yes, the semester is drawing to a close. Yes, that means you should tuck yourself away in the library and study for finals. But before you officially become a hermit, there are a few critical end-of-semester bucket list items for any UCF student. Take the next few days to check each one off and feel that much more accomplished when it’s finally move-out day.

1. Eat at Wackadoo’s, Burger U, or another on-campus restaurant. How many times have you wandered through the Union and thought, “Eventually when I have time, I’ll sit down at Wackadoo’s”? The time, my friend, is now. UCF is unique in its large collection of campus restaurants, so take advantage of them! Grab your roommates—after all, your time together is wrapping up—and finally get those long-deserved ice creams from Topper’s Creamery.

2. Go swimming at the Leisure Pool. Take it from an out-of-state student: We are incredibly lucky to have our own clean, on-campus swimming pool. Sometimes this campus feels more like a hotel resort. Grab a towel and spend a lazy afternoon poolside before the stress of finals really kicks in.

3. Paddleboard on Lake Claire. Let’s put our pool aside for a moment and take a minute to recognize UCF’s free on-campus lake activities. Paddleboard, kayak, or just sprawl out on the dock and enjoy the sun. Lake Claire is beautiful any time of day, and if you’re up for a late-night walk, it’s a nice, quiet place to think in the darkness, too.

4. Thank that professor you adore. At a school with such a large, diverse faculty, it’s exciting to land a professor who truly motivates and stimulates you. If you’ve spent the semester with one of those rare professors who shapes your thoughts and changes you as a person—or if you just found your professor really hilarious and cool—the best thing to do is let him or her know. Whether you write a card or say it in person, you won’t regret the honesty.

5. Grab discounted tickets from the SGA Ticket Center in the Student Union. It doesn’t have to be an expensive Disney or Universal purchase (although both are always worth the cost); if you’re tight on cash, grab a Wet n’ Wild pass or a slightly-discounted movie theater ticket. Feeling generous? Buy two tickets and treat a friend. After all, you may not see him or her until next semester!  

UCF Contributor