Why Thanksgiving is the Most Unsexy, Unglamorous Holiday (And Why I Love it Anyway)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

1. Everyone wears loose fitting pants so that they can eat as much as they want.

2. Even though technically you are college student and an “adult” you still may end up sitting at the kids table.

3. Some relative will burp/fart at some point (looking at you grandpa).

4. You may even accidentally walk in on a relative because they forgot to lock the bathroom door.

5. Your grandparents will ask you if you have a boyfriend and you will respond “no” and you will get overwhelmed with lonliness.

6. You will eat way too much, lay down, and somehow end up taking a three hour nap.

7. You and your whole family will watch football and get really into the game. 

8. You will end up accidentally sitting on one of your grandma’s cats at some point.

9. You will somehow end up playing a game involving physical exercise with your cousins in the backyard and realize how out of shape you are.

10. You realize you wouldn’t have it any other way, because you love your family and are so grateful for them. They may not be perfect, but they are better than perfect because they are funny and provide you with solid writing material. You look forward to Thanksgiving every year, because its proof that people love you and care about you, and nothing is better than that.

Photo credit: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5, Image 6, Image 7, Image 8, Image 9 

Jillian James is a senior at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in Writing and Rhetoric and minoring in Mass Communication (because apparently you can’t minor in Beyoncé studies). Her favorite food is free because she is a college student and the two loves of her life are Ben and Jerry (of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream fame). If she’s not writing or reading she is probably watching The Office or waiting in line at Starbucks. She loves to show off her dance moves in “inappropriate” places like the grocery store. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @Jillianrosej, where she frequently posts things that make people think that she has her life together. 
UCF Contributor