Why Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween is the Place to be!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Trick-Or-Treat Time

Being in college may not be the time to go door-to-door asking people for candy, but it is the time to ask characters for candy. Disney however does not have an age limit for fun! Disney characters and sweets are located all around the part just waiting to be found. If you haven’t been yet, now is the time to go! The bakery has spooky styled treats and candy apples that will make all your taste buds jump for joy.

Halloween Done Right

Mickey’s is held on select nights from 7:00 P.M. to 12:00 Midnight at Magic Kingdom park. On October 12, 2015 families gathered around the front of the park to watch as the castles lights dimmed and the pumpkins glowed. The Not-So-Scary Halloween Party welcomes children of all ages to dress up and trick-or-treat with Disney’s characters. 

Dress Up Time

There is no doubt that college student’s look for any opportunity to pull out their angel wings and cowboy boots, so why not dress up with friends and have a party? Disney is one of the few parks that allow their guests to come dressed as they please. Other parks do not allow festive hats, crazy attire, or fun props. Go on and be a kid again. Dust off your old tutus and take yourself to Magic Kingdom!

Ride Away

The great thing about Disney is that it has a ride for everyone. Upside down rides may scare a few of you, but there are other rides that await you. (Not to mention the event lines tend to be much shorter than they are during regular park hours.) Guests are often too enticed by the princesses and food to even get in the lines though! 

Photos by Taylor Infante

UCF Contributor