This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Maybe I’m bumping into the wrong men at the wrong time, but I definitely sense there can be an improvement in how men dress. There’s a high possibility I’m just being ignorant to Florida’s unchangeable forecast that leads to the same male wardrobe day-in and day-out but, but a tee paired with shorts and sneakers are getting real old.  

I mean I get it; it’s sometimes easier going for the obvious top, bottoms, sandals combination when things are a little hectic in the morning, or you’re just running into the grocery store, or you’re just too damn lazy to come up with an outfit. 

News flash for you single men, you have just as much of a probability bumping into the love of your life at the grocery store as you do on an outing a bar.  We hear it all the time in interview preparations, “your appearance is the most lasting first impression,” make that impression wherever you may be.  Here’s want women actually want in men’s fashion.

1. The Beanie

What is it about a piece of slummy cloth that makes us melt?  It’s an effort without being too obvious. Two thumbs up for the beanie.

2. Formal Suit

I believe a nice fitting suit on men is equivalent to sexy lingerie on women.  It’s funny, a friend of mine always says when she passes by an extremely attractive man in a suit, she has to imagine him walking around in a ribbed-tank and sweat pants to determine if he’s actually THAT attractive.  You can add 10 extra points to the attraction scale wearing a suit.

3. Leather jacket

This cool, iconic piece just screams “bad-boy.”  What girl doesn’t want to add a little mystery to her life?

4. Facial scruff

enough said.

5. Flannel

I believe flannel has some sort of psychological attachment along with it.  It says you’re a lumberjack, handy-man ready to be… manly.

6. Ray Ban Sunglasses

This iconic accessory leaves a sense of mystery to the woman’s mind. ‘I wonder what color his eyes are?’ ‘Is he hiding from someone?’ A classic pair of sunglasses just drives a woman wild.

7. Watches

I find myself always attracted to a sharp watch on a man’s wrist.  It shows us ladies that you’re responsible and on a busy schedule. 

8. Leather Murse

Jansports are overrated.  There’s something about a man purse that projects the image of a professional, fashionable, and sensitive man.

9. Khakis

I’m not talking about your grandpa’s slacks, but nice fitting mustard khakis are a must.

10. Cardigans

Woe is me.  Cardigans are a weakness.  I just have a recurring image of a fellow wearing a cardigan reading poetry and plotting how to save all the poor baby animals in this world.

11. Simple Tees

Ladies, you know what I’m talking about.  Thin cotton shirts that seem to leave little to the imagination.

All in all dudes, step out from your comfort zone.  Women notice the effort outside of the ‘student organization tees,’ gym shorts and running shoes.   But if there’s one thing you step away with from this, it’s the nice fitting formal suit.  Trust me.