What Boys Really Think About Crazy Colored Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

The saying goes, “blondes have more fun,” but I say pink and purple hair looks like a good time too. You’ve seen it on everyone from Katy Perry to Kylie Jenner, to the hipster girl in your math class—I’m talking about crazy colored hair. Nowadays, blonde and brunette hair is totally irrelevant. The cool thing to do is dye your hair pastel purple, or grandma grey. For girls, crazy color seems to be the trend of the moment, but what do boys think when you walk in the room with luscious cotton candy locks? 

Ian: “I mean, if you’re going to walk around with bright blue hair, you must be confident with yourself, so that’s cool I guess.”

Kevin: “I’m not into it. I think she’d look way nicer with her natural hair. The blue is too much.”

Ray: “Is she wearing a wig? Or is that real?” 

Ian: “Grey symbolizes an aged woman to me. I’d be intimidated and slightly put off.”

Kevin: “Noooo, I actually hate that. You’re not supposed to have grey hair when you’re in your 20’s.”

Ray: “Why do girls do this? I think it’s kind of weird. I’m not really sure why you’d want grey hair. Older women try to get rid of their grey hair.” 

Ian: “I don’t think it’s attractive, personally. She looks so much better with dark hair.”

Kevin: “That’s something that really would only work on her I think. Katy Perry is outrageous like that, so it works for her. I’d say I’m more into blondes.”

Ray: “Well that’s hard because she’s hot, but I don’t know how I’d feel if my girlfriend did that to her hair.” 

There you have it! Boys are clearly not about the bright hues. But hey, don’t let that stop you from getting the mermaid hair you’ve always wanted, because let’s face it; boys don’t really know what they’re talking about. Whether your hair is blonde or bright blue, it is YOUR HAIR after all. 

UCF Contributor