Victoria’s Secret Model Elsa Hosk Reveals Her Fitness Idol

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

As all fashion guru and Victoria’s Secret lovers alike know, the annual VS Fashion Show was just recently filmed on November 10, 2015. If you follow any of the models on Instagram, you know that over the past few days they have done a pretty good job of giving us a sneak peek of what to expect on the runway this year. They even generously give us a look into their pre-show workout routines. Although the workouts might be a little far-fetched and unrealistic to follow for the average Joe, it is still noted that the models work hard to stay in shape for their career.

The Instagram account @victoriassecretsport, which features the Victoria’s Secret workout clothing line, posted a photo of model Elsa Hosk the day of the fashion show’s recording. It not only showed Hosk sporting some rather stylish gym attire, but it also featured a quote by the lovely lady herself:

With so much controversy over how unrealistic the Victoria’s Secret models’ bodies are, it was refreshing to see an uplifting statement from one of the models. It’s no secret that Hosk has to follow a strict diet and exercise routine to keep her body up to the standards of an Angel. However, it is naïve of onlookers to assume that all models see themselves as more fit or healthy than anybody else who works hard for their fitness goals.

Without knowing any of the models personally, we could assume that these models think they work harder than everyone else to attain a desired look. We might even think that their fitness idols all come from within the modeling industry.

PLOT TWIST: Elsa Hosk just proved us all wrong!!

She knows first-hand how hard it is to stick to a fitness routine and what the true definition of a healthy lifestyle entails. She even understands that she is lucky to have a work schedule that provides her with a set time every day to work out and achieve her goals. Hosk’s statement is meant to prove that the real winners aren’t those who look a certain way, but rather those who go after what they want and stick to it no matter how hard the journey may be.

So thank you, Elsa Hosk, for being such an Angel both on and off the runway!

Photo credit: Image

Shannon is a Junior at UCF studying Communications and Magazine Journalism. She enjoys laughing, traveling, taking photos, and being a foodie. In her spare time you can find Shannon watching Friends re-runs or blogging. She loves bagels, fashion, listening to throwbacks, and channeling her inner Blake Lively! Follow her on Twitter & Instagram
UCF Contributor