Top 10 Ways to Celebrate Halloween in Orlando

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With October right around the corner, there are 31 spine-chilling days that we get to celebrate Halloween! There’s no better way to dive into the spirit of things rather than to see what your own backyard has to offer! Orlando is known for it’s horror-filled festivities, with hundreds of different events running amok during this sinister month. Whether you’re eager to get the most terrifying experience imaginable at a haunted house, or if you’d like to stay on the less spooky side of things at an art museum, there’s something out there for all of us to enjoy! You’ll have the time of your life scratching each of these excursions off of your list one by one!

10.  “Ghost & Ghouls” — Orlando Museum of Art

Date: October 5th

Orlando Museum of Art puts on quite the ghoulish show with artistic creations that will surely creep you out— in the best way possible! Look forward to seeing artsy interpretations of the scariest Hollywood blockbusters, original pieces and much more!

9.   Partin Ranch Corn Maze — Partin Ranch

Date: Every weekend in October (Starting September 30)

Enjoy weekends of non-stop family fun at Partin Ranch’s Corn Maze! You’ll have a plethora of activities to choose from including hayrides, zip lining, games, and more!

8.  “Phantasmagoria VIII: The Chains of Fire”— Shakespeare Center

Date: October 13th – November 14th

This ongoing successful showcase of the past 7 years is back with an all new showing of PHANTASMAGORIA VIII. There will be live performers electrifying the audience with eerie dance numbers, stage combat, wicked puppetry and so much more!

7.  “Community Harvest Festival” — All Souls Catholic Church

Date: November 3rd-5th

This FREE ADMISSION event is definitely the talk of the town with it’s entertaining, festive shows, thrilling carnival rides and delicious food trucks decorating the field!

6.  “Orlando Zombie Ball” — Venue 578

Date: October 22nd

*21 and up only*

With free drinks for majority of this wildly horrific night, the dance floor will turn into the ultimate scare zone with costumes in every corner. Come out and show your creative side and possibly leave as the costume contest winner!

5.  “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party” — Magic Kingdom

Date: October 1-November 1

Enjoy fun for the whole family at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party for 32 nights! With live shows featuring some of our favorite Disney villains of all time, to trick or treating around the magic kingdom, there’s so much to do here at Disney World!

4.  “Rocky Horror Picture Show” — AMC Cinemas (Universal CityWalk)

Date: September 22nd- November 11th

What’s better than watching A Rocky Horror Picture Show? Being in a live interactive showing of A Rocky Horror Picture Show! This live cinematic experience will follow the storyline of a couple finding themselves in wild rendezvous situations with just the right amount of wicked nature to make this a Halloween celebration that you won’t want to miss!

3.  “Orlando Haunted Maze” — 3209 Calloway Drive

Date: October 1-November 1

Get ready for a night full of fright at the annual Orlando Haunted Maze! You’ll have to attempt to find your way out of this maze filled with psychos with chainsaws, horrifying clowns, zombies, and so much more!

2.  “A Petrified Forest” — 1360 E Altamonte Drive

Date: October 6th – November 4th

You will most definitely have to prepare yourself before you enter this forest of horrors! This haunted horror trail consists of 85,000 square feet of terror straight out of nightmares.

1.  “Halloween Horror Nights” — Universal Studios

Date: September 15th- November 4th

Dare to enter the most horrifying experience of your life at Universals “Halloween Horror Nights.” This year will feature some of the most demented horrors up to date, including haunted houses from Sinister, The Purge, Insidious, The Shining, Jigsaw, American Horror Story, and SO much more! If you can make it through this night, you can make it through anything.

So even if you can only make it to a few of these spook-tacular nights, you will surely have an October to remember!

UCF Contributor