Runway Hairstyles for Everyday Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Runway fashions inspire day-to-day wear, so why not let it inspire your hair? Of course a gigantic up-do with numerous sticks and flowers would be unrealistic, but I’ve pulled some looks that were used this Spring 2012 that would be great new options to try at school, work, or out on the town. Let’s begin!

1. The Urban Wave

The super-loose waves featured by Calvin Klein are my absolute favorite. They’re easy to do and will look great for a night on the town. A rough blow dry, a little curl with an iron and a rake through with your fingers is all it takes.

2. Loose Ponytails

Let it down a bit!  Done right, this is a very sophisticated take on the traditional ponytail. For a bit more fun try teasing the section above the tie to make it stand out! You could even take this look, bring it to the side, and use a barrette instead.

3. Teased Tail

Two ways you can do this look: construct a super-tight ponytail with minimal fly-aways and leave the rest to be teased! This look was featured by Monique Lhuillier. Or on the other hand, tease the crown of the head and move the hair tie a bit lower. These are both super flirty takes on the original. I think this is a great option for dates.

I hope you venture out to use some of these alternatives in your everyday life! Remember that in order to live a creative life, you must lose the fear of being wrong.