The Perfect Back-to-School Outfit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s the night before classes start and you and your friends are running up and down your closet to find that perfect outfit that makes your professors believe that you are a studious and diligent student, but also makes those hotties in the back row know that it is not all school and no play. First impressions are everything; so finding that bold outfit is crucial.

The first day of class is always scary, especially when you have no idea where you are going. Looking classy and sophisticated will help you calm your nerves and help you relax because in the back of your head you know you don’t look like a total disaster. Here are some outfits that will get you looking good on your way to class and definitely get you an ‘A’ in style on your first day!

Outfit #1: Brilliant in Bold

All eyes will be on you when you enter the room wearing this bold outfit. This outfit has all of the essentials. Start off with a white tank top and black cardigan. You can take off the cardigan when you are walking to class and then put it back on when you are in those chilly classrooms. Yes, these are two basic items, but can be spruced up with a pair of distressed high-waisted denim shorts and some dark shades. Adding a neon satchel will give you that pop of color and a place for all of your school supplies. Add a pair of studded cheetah loafers to add a print and keep you on the wild side!

Outfit #2: Creative in Coral

Nothing shows creativity like coral. It’s still summertime, so make sure to take advantage of all of the pastels and bright colors that you are allowed to wear! Aqua and gold are great colors that compliment coral. This pleated coral skirt is flirty, fun and preppy. It shows the professors that you are here and ready to learn! Summer is all about accessories. If preppy and girly is not the look for you, add a shark tooth necklace, a longer aqua necklace and a leather bracelet to give some edge, flare and color to this outfit. Gold sandals, embellished with gold beads, complete this look.

Outfit #3: High Grades in a High-Low Skirt

High-low skirts became one of this summer’s hottest trends. The best thing about them is that they are extremely comfortable. Since they are not a full length maxi skirt, you will still feel cool in the summer heat. This bright orange high-low skirt is a nice statement piece and is paired great with a basic white cami and a nice dark denim button up. Make sure to cuff up the sleeves to show off your arm candy (like a brown leather bracelet). It’s always fun to play with different materials, so wear brown leather sandals, a brown leather backpack and leather bracelet to give your outfit a nice variety.

I'm a junior majoring in Broadcast/Journalism and minoring in Marketing. I am a feature writer for Her Campus UCF and loves all things fashion and entertainment. I plan on reporting fashion live from the red carpet and being the next co-host/anchor for “E! News Live.”
Nicholas Osler graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2014 with a degree in Interpersonal/Organizational Communication. Connect with him on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nicholasosler