Our Generation Will Change The World, And Here’s Why

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

We are the millennials. And because we are millennials, our generation faces much criticism for things that we held no power over coming into this world. We didn’t know when we were born that we were going to be entering a new technological era, a place where people are expected to go to college or achieve nothing, and a world where violence always seems like it’s around the corner. These factors and many more are held over our heads every day, and we’re the ones to blame for some of them. Controversy surrounds the future everywhere in relevance to millennials, and I’m here to say that if you’re not with us, then that’s your loss.

We are the generation that will be the ones to change the world. With every passing day, there are new advancements made that contribute to the success of mankind, people making strides in their personal professions, laws being passed that have a profound effect on our communities for the better, and so much more – and we’re helping make those things that were once dreams into realities. We have already aided in the achievement of so much, and that’s what is going to push us to do even more on our own. As generations come and go, people become more knowledgeable with the discoveries that are made, and although our elders are wise, we still have our youth to us. And as they leave us, we are left with the responsibility of changing the world – yet even with all the achievements that have occurred in the last few years, some still don’t have faith in us. They’re wrong not to think that we can all leave something positive here, and I know we all will. I have no doubt about it, because we are the generation of leaders and activists. It’s our efforts that will enhance this world and bring about more change to it, and we have already brought so much already.

We are the millennials, and they can say whatever they want about us. They can write what they predict will negatively happen to the world because of us or what will decline due to us, but they can’t just see things like that. We are the ones that grew up through many challenges and helped in the success of many different achievements, and we will create our own – we already have. We will only enhance what others have done previously. We are the change makers, and whether they believe that or not, we have already shown it in ways that they just may not be considering hard enough – or maybe they’re just jealous, who really knows? All I know is, our generation is going to keep changing the world one step at a time so long as we stick together.

Photo credit: 1, 2

Hailey is a junior here at the University of Central Florida, currently majoring in Human Communication and double minoring in Business and Leadership Studies. She is also a dedicated sister of Gamma Phi Beta. When she's not writing for Her Campus or her own personal blog, you can find her hanging out with other members of her sorority at philanthropy events and socials, singing her heart out at local concerts, or taking silly pictures with her best friends on rides at Disney World or Universal. Hailey enjoys ordering cookies and Chinese food at midnight, running in local 5K's, and cheering on her Knights at football games. Follow Hailey on Twitter and Instagram for updates on her articles and life!
UCF Contributor