The Oscars: As Told By Pie Five

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

When watching Hollywood’s most fabulous walk down the red carpet, it’s hard to not feel a little bit self conscious about the way you look. One way we like to fix that is with pizza. Lots and lots of cheesy, calorie filled, crusty glory that has a special way of making us forget about all of the glamorous stars in their thousand dollar couture. While they strut their stuff in front of the paparazzi we get to sit back and stuff slices into our pie holes. It’s kinda sad isn’t it? That these guys do not get to join in all the fun we are having, chilling on our couches waiting for the pizza guy to come. UCF’s newest pizza restaurant, Pie Five, has all of us actually getting off our couches, mouths watering, to go check out their delicious menu items like the Athenian or Pesto Chicken Alfredo pizza.  After this year’s Oscars, we decided to dish out some cheesy victuals to our readers courtesy of the finest Hollywood couture on our favorite celebs based on menu items from Pie Five. Happy Eating! (errr…I meant reading…Happy Reading) 

FIVE STAR tuscan marinara / cheddar / pork sausage / pepperoni / beef / green olives / red & green peppers / black olives / red onions /

(Nicole Kidman)

Kidman stuns in this “Five Star” look, sparkling with color from head to toe. Though there is a lot going on in this look, it blends together in a way that is sure to please. Pepperoni, beef, and sausage make for a meaty base while all of the vegetables culminate into a crunchy texture. Silver, gold, and red accessories makes it look like she wants it all, which is what you’ll get in this pizza.

BBQ CHICKEN bbq sauce / cheddar / chopped cilantro / red onions / grilled chicken / 

(Solange Knowles)

Barbeque, cheddar, cilantro, and red onions? There’s a whole lot of flavor in this slice, absolutely dripping in red hot BBQ sauce and sass. The versatility of this dress (pant suit?) keeps you interested until the last bite. Solange (Know)les just how you like it.

CHICKEN CARBONARA alfredo sauce / parmesan / grilled chicken / mushrooms / crushed red pepper / bacon /

(Behati Prinsloo)

Crushed red pepper flakes consume this gown worn by Behati Prinsloo. The slinky sheath topped with mushrooms and grilled chicken create a meal fitting for this straight from down under bombshell. I bet Victoria’s Secret is actually something to do with copious amounts on bacon on this pizza <3

*also pictured: Man Candy Dessert of the Year Adam Le-fine

ATHENIAN olive oil / feta / grilled chicken / minced garlic / banana peppers / red onion / basil / kalamata olives / sun-dried tomato puree /

(Emma Stone)

Emma Stone stuns in this regal Grecian look fit for a goddess. All of these classic Greek toppings like kalamata olives, feta, and red onion inspire taste buds around the world. Her fiery sun-dried tomato hair complements the banana pepper green of the beaded gown beautifully.

HIGH FIVE tuscan marinara / cheddar / pepperoni / italian sausage / bacon / ham / beef /

(Rosamund Pike)

Rosamund Pike? More like meaty delight! Layers on layers of red fabric are reminiscent of juicy slices of pepperoni on the High Five. The saucy slice up the front is playful and sexy, much like the sultry sausage and meaty marinara smothering the golden crust. This pizza is gonna be so gone, girl.

FARMERS MARKET tuscan marinara / mushrooms / red onions / spinach / red & green peppers / roasted tomatoes /

(Keira Knightley)

Multicolored earth tones on Knightley’s dress are the epitome of Farmer’s Market chic. The flowy fit of this gown perfectly hides any baby bump (or food baby bump) you may need to disguise while still looking pulled together. Mushrooms, red onions, spinach, peppers, and tomatoes keep this delicious look guilt-free and leaves the crowd wanting more.

TUSCAN CHICKEN olive oil / sun-dried tomatoes / minced garlic / spinach / grilled chicken /

(Scarlett Johansson)

Luxurious, lovely, and leafy. This spinach green dress Scarlett Johansson wore at this years’ Oscars is picture (and pizza) perfect. The classic refined elegance of Tuscan Chicken resonates from Johansson’s high-necked choker with the poise of historic Italy.

PESTO CHICKEN ALFREDO alfredo sauce / grilled chicken / roasted tomatoes / caramelized onions / basil drizzle /

(Chloё Grace Moretz)

Understated yet fabulous, the Pesto Chicken Alfredo is not for the typical pizza eater. Alfredo sauce and carmelized onions glisten like the golden sheen on Chloё’s dress. The pockets, much like the basil drizzle, add a little something extra to take this look from tasty to delicious.

BUFFALO CHICKEN buffalo ranch sauce / cheddar / banana peppers / grilled chicken /

(Jennifer Lopez)

An old favorite from the New York scene, this unexpected combination somehow defies social norm and NEVER SEEMS TO AGE. The buffalo ranch sauce adds just the right amount of flavor to this Latin queen’s look. Additionally, the monochromatic gown dazzles like juicy grilled chicken on a freshly baked pizza.

MARGHERITA olive oil / roma tomatoes / minced garlic / basil /

(Lady Gaga)

Lady Gaga emulates the Margherita pizza in this billowing white gown reminiscent of melty mozzarella cheese with extravagant red accents. Some may say she looks like a cleaning lady, but the only thing she’ll be cleaning is her plate after devouring this pie. With basil and roma ro-ma-ma tomatoes, this pizza is an old favorite that never disappoints. 

Feeling hungry yet? Come hang out with us and Victoria’s Secret Pink at UCF this Friday at Pie Five on University Blvd! We will be having giveaways, dancing up a storm, and getting those #beachbods ready for Spring Break 2015. RSVP here http://on.fb.me/1ErY1t4

Zoe is a junior at UCF studying Radio and Television with a minor in Business while she waits for her long lost grandmother to tell her she is actually the Princess of Genovia. She loves musicals, photography, waterskiing, and tricking people into thinking she is well rounded. In her spare time, you can find her speed walking around campus attempting to dodge as many longboards as possible. Follow her on Instagram or Twitter @causeimazoe if you're interested in learning about her oh so advenurous life.
Maddie is a senior Marketing major at UCF. When she's not writing for Her Campus or her personal blog, you can find her hanging out at Fashion Club or in OSI working on the Mr. and Miss UCF shows. Despite popular belief, Maddie isn't actually the tallest girl in the world. If you're wondering where you've seen her before, it was most likely at a #UCFBusiness event. Maddie enjoys loud pop music, scented candles, and any food with sprinkles on top. She often discusses the SNL cast as if it is a sports team, and likes to pretend that this is endearing. Follow Maddie on Instagram and Twitter! 
UCF Contributor