Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UCF Features

How to Become UCF’s Best Trendsetter Ever

By Aja Frost
August 18, 2014 - 8:00am

boohoo.com has been on our style radar for a while now—where else do you think we’ve been getting our Euro-inspired summer looks this season? Once the U.K.’s best-kept secret (and now one of the fastest-growing international e-tailers), boohoo has quickly evolved into a global fashion leader for collegiettes on both sides of the pond. We’re obsessed with its simple and fun philosophy: don’t take fashion or life too seriously! Plus, the brand has been pushing boundaries to bring us all the latest looks for less since 2006, and we never say no to fashion on a collegiette-friendly budget!...

Centric Launches Spring Issue

By Kathryn Tromba
April 15, 2014 - 2:57pm

Centric magazine, the official student-run magazine of UCF, will hold its spring launch party on Tuesday, April 15 from 6 pm to 8 pm. Join this semester’s magazine production staff as they celebrate the launch of Centric! Come out to grab your own copy of the magazine, hear from those who were featured and meet the staff. Food and refreshments will be provided on a first come, first serve basis. Centric aims to spotlight interesting, innovative and inspiring people in the UCF community. READ MORE

Keep Creepers Away With iCloak

By kaylee sanford
April 11, 2014 - 11:00am

As technology continues to advance at a breakneck pace, new concerns about Internet privacy dominate the daily news cycle as well as alternative media. And, while our generation has grown up with the Internet, Twitter, smart phones and Facebook, as a group we seem to be less concerned by these warnings of privacy invasion. Our Government and businesses seem to monitor our every thought in order to protect us from the unknown and unseen “boogy man” or better position their products so we can’t live without them. READ MORE

20% Off Carmen Tickets at the Bob Carr

By Nicholas Osler
April 9, 2014 - 11:00am

The first time I went to the ballet was Valentine's Day weekend to see Romeo and Juliet.  A little cliche? Maybe. Ridiculously romantic? Yes.  And the Orlando Ballet is performing yet another classic this weekend. Carmen. The setting is Spain, 1820. Carmen is the 17th century version of todays collegiettes. Passionate, free-spirited and somehow caught up in drama with guys.  READ MORE

Red Bull Sound Select Tour Bus Is Coming to UCF!

By kaylee sanford, Daniela Araya
April 8, 2014 - 3:00pm

Collegiettes™, I've got some awesome news worth getting excited over - a FREE show! Yes, I said FREE. Red Bull Sound Select Tour Bus has chosen the University of Central Florida as one of four lucky locations to get groovy with three great bands that we love. Cherub will be headlining, but let's not let them steal all the thunder! Caurosel and Future Unlimited will be joining them to give us the complete intimate show which we desire. This show is being held at Firestone Live! in downtown Orlando via Red Bull Sound Select Tour Bus. There will be transportation provided from the UCF area to downtown, so there's no need to worry about driving! If you are not familiar with the perks of this tour bus, you are certainly in for a treat!...

Hilary's Highlights: Snooki, James Franco, and more!

By Hilary Blank
April 8, 2014 - 11:00am

If you just woke up from a one week coma, here is what you missed… you’re welcome. Reality Stars Gettin Preggerz Apparently the hottest new trend for ex-reality stars is getting knocked up! Snooki (Nicole Polizzi) has announced she is pregnant with her second child with fiancé, Jionni LaValle. The couple still intends on going ahead with their wedding plans, and the pregnancy won’t push back the date. It’s truly scary that the girl who got punched in the face at a bar and fell down a flight of stairs will be responsible for the lives of two children. Just kidding, this is Hollywood; she totally won’t be raising them! *Insert sigh of relief* READ MORE

Cheers for Charity

By Danielle Wasserman
April 7, 2014 - 4:52pm

Gather those pom-poms, get your stunts ready and practice your jumps because Alpha Delta Pi’s annual Cheers for Charity is among us.  What is Cheers for Charity?  It’s a cheer competition that wholeheartedly benefits the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida, Alpha Delta Pi’s national philanthropy.  The Ronald McDonald House helps support families with children who are critically ill or injured.  Get your planners out, because Alpha Delta Pi has tons of rewarding and delicious (yes delicious) events hitting the University of Central Florida leading up to Cheers for Charity.   READ MORE

7 Places To Study Outside at UCF

By Nicholas Osler
April 3, 2014 - 9:00am

Spring is here!  UCF students know to appreciate the cooler days of spring before the dog days of summer set in. Knock out some assignments while taking advantage of this gorgeous weather. Lake Claire READ MORE

eff.Y.bee Giveaway With SelflessStyle.com!

By Kathryn Tromba
April 3, 2014 - 8:55am

Calling all fashion industry hopefuls, the next Alexander Wang’s and wannabe Alexa Chungs! You’re in luck. There’s a new site whose mission is to help people like you get your “in” in the fashion industry: SelflessStyle.com. Started by a team of seven girls who started out in the fashion closet of Seventeen Magazine (and have had fashion internships and experiences with the likes of Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, Brides, and Women’s Wear Daily), Selfless Style helps college students get their start in the competitive world of fashion. READ MORE

Dapsity: Better Than Tinder

By Dorothy Lolagne
April 2, 2014 - 9:00am

You know how you high-five or bump fists with friends to celebrate something awesome? Dapsity is an iPhone app that urges you to do the same when you finally land an internship or job through the app! We have all been through the endless internship and job search online. Everything seems to blur together and it can get monotonous.  The co-founder, Jarrod compares this app to “the popular dating app Tinder but instead of swiping through potential lovers, you’re swiping through potential jobs.” I have never used Tinder and it is already clear to me that Dapsity is a more productive way to spend your time.  READ MORE