This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.
Meet Matt Fultz, trendsetter and HCUCF Alum! He’s here with us discussing fashion, expression, and his awesome street style blog, Knight Style.

Photo courtesy of Sonacity Producitons.

Matt, tell me a little bit about how you got started with blogging and fashion, and how you ended up creating Knight Style.
I got started with blogging and fashion with this really awesome online publication called, “Her Campus UCF.” [Editor’s Note: HOLLA.] When I first came to UCF, I was looking to get involved with a fashion organization. Since such a thing didn’t exist, I decided to join HCUCF as their fashion blogger, because another one of my passions is journalism. There, I gained valuable experience about how to run an online publication and much of that has carried into my work with Knight Style. 

What has been your favorite thing about curating the site so far?
Definitely meeting new people on campus. There are so many talented and inspiring individuals at UCF and it’s awesome getting to connect with them and learn about their style.

How do you see Knight Style growing in the future?
Ultimately, I would love to start something like Knight Style for all college students. For now, we are working on increasing content and working on new projects + collaborations.

If you could change the fashion scene at UCF, what would you do?
I wouldn’t really change anything about the fashion scene, but I would like to change the way people view “fashion.” Fashion currently means an elitist industry, where the quality of your clothing says a lot about your financial state and status. I think fashion should be universal and high quality clothes should be made available for everyone. Brands like H&M, Forever 21 and Zara have been forerunners in this movement, but there’s still a lot of revolution that needs to take place. This is something I’m trying to do with Knight Style.

Give me some information about your new video series.
“Knight Style Talks” will feature interviews with young entrepreneurs making a difference in fashion. Knight Style has given me the opportunity to meet many talented renegades that are working on their own ventures. I think people need to learn about these individuals not only because what they’re doing is awesome, but because it will give other dreamers some hope and inspiration. It’s hard starting a business in any field, but the fashion industry especially. So, if KST helps open doors for these types of people, even in the slightest, it will have been worth it!

What are some upcoming interviews we can look forward to?
Well, you’re hearing it first on Her Campus UCF… My alter ego- Matte Velvet will be making an appearance in our first episode, set to be live March 24, 2015.

What inspired you to branch out and interview entrepreneurs, rather than just fashionable students?
Well, I love meeting the fashionable students of UCF, but there are also many young people on and off campus starting awesome ventures. There needs to be an outlet for these young creators and UCF is the perfect place to begin. With resources like the Blackstone Launchpad, UCF has a unique community of movers and shakers and I’m excited to be a part of it. 

Now I’d like to know a little more about you. What is your major? How are you involved on campus?
My major is interpersonal/organizational communication with a minor in magazine journalism, I know- a mouthful, right? While Knight Style is an independent, student-run publication, I am still involved with on-campus organizations, like the Blackstone Launchpad. 

When you aren’t studying or writing for Knight Style, what do you do for fun?
Honestly, Knight Style is fun for me! I love meeting new people, creating with my team members and putting this project out there for people to enjoy. But other than that, I enjoy recharging myself by slowing down a bit. I love doing yoga, taking long walks and rock climbing. 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years, I hope to use Knight Style as a launchpad to create something that will reach all college students.

Who is your biggest inspiration (not necessarily fashion)? 
KANYE WEST. Love him or hate him, the man is creative, passionate and hard-working. Plus, he’s producing Taylor Swift’s new album, which should be very interesting. 

What is the best piece of fashion advice you’ve ever received?
“Just do it.”

Do you have a favorite spring trend? If so, what is it?
Florals. I know, ground breaking… (author’s note: The Devil Wears Prada reference is greatly appreciated!)

Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
Kim Kardashian, from Kim Kardashian: Hollywood. She is a BOSS!

We love that game! So, follow up question- how would you spend your 15 minutes of Kardashian-level fame?
Networking.

If you could only shop in one store for the rest of your life, what store would it be?
H&M

Keep an eye out for Matt and his team out on the streets of UCF, and don’t be surprised if they stop you for a photo. Yours truly was one of the first Knights featured on the blog, check out the throwback post! http://www.theknightstyle.com/street/lovin-the-jcrew
Maddie is a senior Marketing major at UCF. When she's not writing for Her Campus or her personal blog, you can find her hanging out at Fashion Club or in OSI working on the Mr. and Miss UCF shows. Despite popular belief, Maddie isn't actually the tallest girl in the world. If you're wondering where you've seen her before, it was most likely at a #UCFBusiness event. Maddie enjoys loud pop music, scented candles, and any food with sprinkles on top. She often discusses the SNL cast as if it is a sports team, and likes to pretend that this is endearing. Follow Maddie on Instagram and Twitter! 
UCF Contributor