I Survived the Tower 4 Flood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

My Saturday nights are usually spent hanging out with my friends or catching up of some Netflix! Last Saturday took an unexpected turn: at 2 in the morning the fire alarm went off because Tower 4 had flooded.  

When I walked out of my dorm, I didn’t see or feel the water and thought it was just a drill. Then as I got further down the hallway I could hear RA’s screaming, “Emergency get out now!”  I was so nervous because I only brought my keys with me because I thought I would be back in my dorm shortly after. I was hoping that I was not going to come back to a soaking wet room. When all of the students got downstairs, we were told to wait outside until the flooding stopped. I was too short to be able to see any of the flooding but other students around me described it as if, “someone just put their sprinklers on high” or “a puddle after a big rainstorm.”  

Finally, firefighters and police officers came to the rescue and stopped the flooding! After waiting in a very long elevator line, by 3AM I was back in my room safe and sound! My room had no damage but there were many people on the first and second floor that did have it.  Thankfully, housing has said that this should not happen again.  

Image: gif