How I Survived Finals: A Story by Elle Woods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Oh my goodness, you guys! It’s finals week and you know what that means: it is time to “work it!” as my girl Brooke Windham would say. Now, as a Harvard Law School 2004 graduate, I know a lot about finals, and I passed with flying colors (even though some boring Connecticut girl said I never could *cough cough* Vivian *cough cough*). Let me tell you how to ace everything like I did!

First, try to avoid parties when you should be studying. I love a good “Malibu Barbie” themed party like any other girl, but when it comes to school, you should get as serious as Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis (or maybe as serious as Warner was with me before he begged his way into Harvard).

Next, make sure you’re comfortable when doing your studying! Don’t try to be someone else and wear sweatpants if you usually wear dresses, and don’t dress up when you feel your best when wearing your boyfriend’s t-shirt! If Taylor Swift can look chic wearing t-shirts, then so can you!

Choose a study group! I don’t know what I would have done without my Delta Nu girls helping me through my LSATs! SNAPS TO YOU DELTA NU! Make sure you have friends you can count on! If a study group doesn’t help, try a tutor! I’m sure even Olivia Pope had a little help during finals week. Heck, that girl is a genius, but who do you think helps her with Pope and Associates (HERE’S A HINT, GUYS, HER FAVORITE COLOR IS PINK AND LOVES TINY DOGS)?? Plus, it doesn’t hurt if they’re your best friend. 

Always make sure you take a couple breaks. Who can study without sun or a smoothie break in hand?? I’ll tell you who: Criminals. Criminals without endorphins. And endorphins make people happy. And happy people study with smiles on their faces!

Lastly, always go the extra step to get the grade you want. You might have to work a little harder, but in the end, your AMAZING grade will be worth it! Remember that one time I did a video essay instead of a boring old paper one? That extra step will save you, girls!

Just a couple weeks of hard work, dedication and belief and you’ll make it through! If you don’t think you’ll do well, you won’t have a good start to your exams. Think positive! 

Victoria is a senior studying Broadcast Journalism and minoring in Criminal Justice at UCF, and is also the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UCF. When Victoria is not attending classes, you can find her and her giant hair (it's full of secrets) in the Student Union pretending to study, but actually watching Criminal Minds on Netflix. Her dreams include holding a puppy for three days straight, and marrying Jimmy Fallon on the stage of Saturday Night Live. If you see Victoria around campus and she hasn't quoted Beyonce three times, run because you have found an imposter! This lovely Italian lives for Beyonce quotes (ladies, tell 'em) and fashionable boots. If you like cheesy jokes, cute pics of animals dressed like humans, or embarrassing stories of her life, you should follow her on Twitter @imunprevictable, or her step-by-step blog on Tumblr on how to survive college! *Does Single Ladies dance out of room*
Molly Slicker is a Human Communication major with a minor in Film. She is an entertainment junkie who appreciates good humor, good vocabulary and good friends. She gets way too attached to fictional characters and her favorite sports teams. She is inspired by her family, faith and the 2001-2002 cast of Saturday Night Live. Follow Molly on Twitter for mostly sarcastic updates about celebrities and her life's awkward situations or on Instagram for pictures of her feeble attempts at craftiness