Her Campus UCF Female Leadership Awards Winner: Meet Donna Pilikyan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

This is running series featuring the winners of the inaugural Her Campus UCF Female Leadership Awards! Her Campus UCF set out to acknowledge the amazing and inspiring female leaders on the UCF campus and share their stories.

Name: Donna Pilikyan 

Major: Marketing 

1. Tell us about yourself! Where are you from, what are your hobbies, favorite things ect. 

I was born in New York City and moved to Boca Raton when I was 9 years old! My favorite hobbies include drawing and playing the guitar. A fun fact about me is that my first language I ever spoke was Armenian!

2. What organizations or groups are you involved with on campus, and how did you become involved with them? 

I am currently a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma. I had always wanted to join a sorority and KKG was the best fit for me! I am also the Vice President of Membership of the American Marketing Association. I decided to apply for this position after I went to the first meeting of this semester!

3. Why did you decide to come to UCF? What do you enjoy about the campus? 

UCF was always my first choice. My high school was right across from FAU and I wanted to have the full college experience so going away for college was my first choice. I picked UCF specifically because Orlando is a beautiful city with so much to do and UCF’s campus is so modern and easy to navigate around once you get the hang of things. 

4. What are you passionate about? 

The top two things I am passionate about are music and animals. I am a vegetarian and have always been an animal rights advocate; I also believe that it is very important to adopt and not shop! There are so many dogs and cats that don’t have homes, even young pets. Considering music, I have been playing guitar since I was 11 so I’ve always been passionate about playing and discovering new music. 

5. What women serve as your personal role models? 

Michelle Obama serves as my role model because she advocates for so many great things,  including education and nutrition.

6. Where do you see yourself in ten years?

In ten years, I see myself working for the marketing or public relations departments of a music record label.

7. Lastly, what advice would you give to women who want to empower other women?

Always set an example. My favorite saying is “no guts, no glory.” If you don’t take chances then how would you get to where you want to be?

UCF Contributor
Jillian James is a senior at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in Writing and Rhetoric and minoring in Mass Communication (because apparently you can’t minor in Beyoncé studies). Her favorite food is free because she is a college student and the two loves of her life are Ben and Jerry (of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream fame). If she’s not writing or reading she is probably watching The Office or waiting in line at Starbucks. She loves to show off her dance moves in “inappropriate” places like the grocery store. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @Jillianrosej, where she frequently posts things that make people think that she has her life together.