HCUCF Celebrity: Danielle Wasserman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

You know that feeling when you meet someone for the first time, and you immediately know how awesome she is? That was how I felt when I walked in to my first Her Campus UCF meeting and Danielle Wasserman introduced herself to me. She’s friendly, fun, and truly has a free spirit. As HC UCF’s Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director, she has inspired our team to push ourselves outside our comfort zones in everything that we do. We want her to stay in Orlando forever, but she’s headed off to take over New York City (and the world). Ladies and gentlemen, the lovely and talented Danielle Wasserman!

Year? Major?

Soon to be alumna status.

Major: Advertising and Public Relations

Hometown?

Coconut Creek, FL

When and how did you get involved with Her Campus?

I got involved with Her Campus my junior year after seeing it was something a few of my sorority sisters were involved in.  When I reached out to the Campus Correspondent and expressed my interest of perusing my dream of working for a fashion magazine, he suggested I start with Her Campus.  I never knew I was setting myself up for the most developmental experiences in my college career.

What do you like to do in your free time?

In my free time, I love seeking inspiration.  The gears in my head are always turning – thinking of new projects to create, and content for my website. I like to find local hidden gems with interesting aesthetics and people to use to my creative advantage.

Describe yourself in 3 words.

Creative, optimistic, thoughtful.

Who is your fictional character alter-ego?

Jenna Rink.  I’ve probably seen 13 going on 30 at least thirty-two times!

“I’ll have a Pina Colada, not virgin. Wanna see my ID? Totally have it!”

What are your plans after graduation?

This Florida girl is going from the sunshine to the city.  There’s so much culture and art in the city, ever since my internship in the NYC last summer I’ve been eager to get back.  While I’m there, I’m hoping to land a job in the marketing/advertising field.

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

I don’t know what I’ll be doing in a year, let alone ten, but I can imagine how I hope to feel.  I see myself undoubtedly happy and in love with life.  I hope to be well traveled and cultured with genuine relationships among interesting people.  But until then, let’s get through graduation.

Any advice for underclassmen collegiettes at UCF?

To all the underclassmen, especially my HC team that I’m going to miss dearly; I encourage you all to put yourself in roles that scare you a little bit, something you never imagined you could conquer.  Say yes to every developmental opportunity, and know you’ll figure out how to make it work later.  I owe today’s success to saying yes to every leadership role and involvement that terrified me.  The end result is looking back at your stresses with bright eyes and an eagerness to conquer more.

What is your favorite memory from UCF?

I’d have to say the Her Campus Southern Tour hosted by Her Campus UCF was my favorite memory.  Despite all my class projects and internships, coordinating an event for the entire UCF community was one of the greatest and developmental projects I have done.  Classes can’t teach you how to pull off a school-wide event; instead, it’s putting yourself in extracurricular roles that scare you a little bit.  I am AMAZED by how my team and I pulled off this event and how many UCF students attended.  To be told by the founder of Her Campus that the UCF Southern Charm Tour was the most successful out of the 8 universities that participated was unbelievably gratifying.

What will you miss most about UCF?

The convience of living near my friends.  I have made friends with some of the most good-hearted and inspiring student-leaders around campus. I’m so grateful for the life-long friendships I have made at UCF.

What was your favorite article that you wrote for Her Campus UCF?

My favorite article was The Official UCF Bucket List.  This was one of the first articles I wrote for Her Campus, and it ended up going viral, receiving over 20,000 views.  But what I love most about this article was that I recently revisited it as my UCF career is coming to an end.  More than a year after I wrote it, I was able to look at what I have/haven’t crossed off my bucket list.

What is your favorite memory from HC UCF?

My favorite part of being Campus Correspondent was watching the HC team find their voice.  My Co-Campus Correspondent, Molly, and I spent meetings discussing the importance of finding a niche in writing. While we’ve given tips and held workshops on how to find your voice as a writer, it’s something our team has to find on their own.  The moment when a HC writer’s article goes viral and they understand what type of writing works for them is unbelievably gratifying from a leader’s standpoint. Watching my team members succeed and progress will always be some of my favorite Her Campus memories.

Maddie is a senior Marketing major at UCF. When she's not writing for Her Campus or her personal blog, you can find her hanging out at Fashion Club or in OSI working on the Mr. and Miss UCF shows. Despite popular belief, Maddie isn't actually the tallest girl in the world. If you're wondering where you've seen her before, it was most likely at a #UCFBusiness event. Maddie enjoys loud pop music, scented candles, and any food with sprinkles on top. She often discusses the SNL cast as if it is a sports team, and likes to pretend that this is endearing. Follow Maddie on Instagram and Twitter!