Happy Women’s History Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

HAPPY WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH!

As of now, there have been millions of women worldwide who have contributed to this mass society that we have today. This month is dedicated to those who have sacrificed their lives, family, or even their own health just so women can have a better life and be equal to men. Can you believe that it was just 100 years ago that women took a pledge to allow them in government office? Or that it was in 1869 in Wyoming where women were allowed to cast their first vote? It has been a long struggle for women around the world to be equal and know their worth. Nowadays there are no worries because of past women’s rights movements and technology.

In honor of Women’s History Month, here are some of the many influential and amazing women who have shaped the country we now live in.

Elizabeth Blackwell: Known as the first woman to recieve a medical degree in the U.S.

Carrie Chapman Catt: Known as a women’s suffrage leader and president of National American Women Suffrage Association (NAWSA).

Madam CJ Walker: Known as the first female self made millionaire by developing a line of beauty and hair products for African American women.

Aphra Behn: Known as the first female professional writer and a profile dramatist for the English Restoration.

These are just a few of the many women who have made an impact in our world; you can impact the world as well, and it only takes a simple change in yourself!

UCF Contributor