Style

Grammys Glam: Fashion Highlights from the 60th Annual Grammy Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

It’s finally the most wonderful time of the year (at least, in my eyes): awards season.

For as long as I can remember, the Grammys have always been a hot topic—you can’t go anywhere without hearing about who won the biggest nomination of the night, Album of the Year. The day after the ceremony is when the buzz is surrounded by all the hype behind the expectations and reality. Whether it’s which stars took home a glimmering golden gramophone, who was robbed of one, or what they’re wearing, there is always a topic of conversation about the renowned awards ceremony.

The 60th Annual Grammy Awards were held on Sunday, January 28, 2018, at Madison Square Garden in New York City and were hosted by Late Late Show host and Carpool Karaoke crooner James Corden.

Winners of the night include Ed Sheeran (Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Pop Vocal Performance), Kendrick Lamar (Best Rap Album, Best Rap Song, Best Rap Performance, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration), and Alessia Cara (Best New Artist).

Although not all of these celebs snagged awards, here’s who won in the fashion department.

Camila Cabello

Embodying the dancer emoji, as per usual.

Janelle Monáe 

Dazzling in Dolce and Gabanna.

John Legend & Chrissy Teigen

Showing off that beautiful baby bump.

Lady Gaga

Where do you think you’re going? The 6 time Grammy winner is serving gothic queen realness in Armani Privé.

Sam Smith

The British crooner looking dapper in an all green ensemble.

Lana Del Rey

The starlet shines in star-studded Gucci.

Khalid

The El Paso native radiates positivity in MSG.

Hailee Steinfeld

The Pitch Perfect star has a moment with her purple metallic boots.

Donald Glover (AKA Childish Gambino)

The Atlanta star and Redbone singer looks heavenly in an all white ensemble.

Lorde

The 20 year old Album of the Year nominee is on fire in a crimson gown.

Jaden Smith

The young Syre keeps it fresh with a statement ensemble.

Cardi B

The Bartier Cardi rapper looks angelic in all white.

Patrick Starrr

From YouTube to MSG: the beauty guru rocks a full beat and his signature turban on the red carpet.

Kesha

She’s a mother lovin’ woman in blinged out boots and a navy blue suit.

SZA

This look kept us satisfied through the weekend– the 5 time nominee looks radiant on the red carpet.

Tyler the Creator

The icon wears pale blue Louis Vuitton.

Bebe Rexha

Bebe got back! The star flaunts her backside in a blush gown.

Maren Morris

The country cutie flaunts her figure in a cut out dress.

Zayn Malik

The Mind of Mine crooner is dressed to the nines for the annual ceremony.

Miley Cyrus

She feels so much younger now. The blonde beauty looks ethereal in an all black jumpsuit.

Samantha Olson is a University of Central Florida alumna who served as senior and deputy editor for HCUCF. She graduated with a bachelor of arts in journalism with a minor in creative writing and a certificate in editing and publishing. When Sam isn't admiring city life and art museums, she's working as Seventeen Magazine's editorial fellow and running Shifter Mag alongside her BFF, Victor.  For daily doses of Sam, follow her on Instagram.
UCF Contributor