This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

I mean…. AMINÉ is absolutely insanely talented and it is time you all start knowing about him and his music. There is no one like him in the industry right now, and that is saying a lot, considering it is hard to be fresh and original in this day and age. Because of his stand out nature, it does not come as a surprise that his single “Caroline” is catchy and nothing like I know.

Not to be confused for “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond, Aminé gives a new perspective on a young girl named Caroline. With its undeniable beat that makes you impulsively move your body and lyrics that help illustrate a sector of the modern, young dating scene, Aminé relays his voice as the speaker of young daters today. “Caroline” gives off a cool, laidback, smooth vibe, revealing how a friend group can all relate and make sense of the dating, hookup culture. It is just a genuine, fun-loving and you can tell it developed organically.This song is the type of song that you want to crank with your friends and just have solid, good time. It is full of feel good vibes and you can’t help but feel like you are part of his friend group after watching the video. He invites you into his friend group, making you dance and bob your head to the music.

In the music video for “Caroline”, Aminé can be seen kicking back and chilling with his friends, whether it be in the car, at a local fast food joint or playing video games at someone’s crib and bananas being there are a NECESSITY. Those hidden gems and the yellow color theme serve as a common thread throughout the video and are a brand association for sure. No bananas are definitely a deal breaker for this artist. His outgoing personality and charisma is recognized in his music, as he, himself, is reflected in his art. I think that says a lot about the artist he is and will continue to develop into. “Caroline” is just the beginning for Aminé.

For a good time, listen to Aminé while eating a banana and making you sure you find him here:

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

YouTube

Soundcloud

Spotify

Images: Aminé

Junior at the University of Central Florida. In the words of Britney Spears, "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman".
UCF Contributor