This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Now, I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but Rihanna has managed to put her perfection in a bottle. She released her new makeup line, Fenty Beauty, earlier this month on September 8th and it is the best thing that has happened to the makeup industry since people started taking care of their eyebrows! It is incredibly high quality and on the pretty affordable side, compared to many of the other makeup brands on the market at the moment, with prices ranging from $10.00 to $54.00.

So far, she’s put out a number of products including: highlighters that will blind the whole room, blotting powder/paper to make sure the highlighter is the only thing to do all the shining, a universally (yes it has been proven) flattering lip-gloss, a contour kit that is super easy to use, and the most important and talked about feature; a soft matte foundation that not comes in not five, ten, or even twenty; but forty different skin tones!

You don’t need to be a professional makeup artist to understand how incredible this is. All of the line’s highlighters, blushes, and concealers are also designed to go perfectly with the shades, so finding the perfect contour shades to use for your skin color has never been so easy! Girls of all different walks of life will finally be able to find a perfect match for their skin tone in a foundation that is great for their look and their skin.

Rihanna made the line keeping all of these girls in mind, creating shades in such a wide spectrum that there are colors light enough for girls with albinism, shades dark enough for girls with much deeper skin tones, and every shade of brown in between. For once, “deep” doesn’t mean tan.

Girls are obsessed with the line’s amazing quality and inclusive campaign. The beauty industry in America has a tendency to favor lighter skinned women as models and consumers, and although these women are beautiful in their own right, they do not represent all of the diverse types of beauty our country has to offer.  Skin colors, and inherently, cultures of all kinds are now finally being represented, which is a huge deal. Our minority women finally have a beautiful face for the world to see and admire, and that face is Fenty. 

All images by: Isabella M. Martinez

Annelle De Jesus is a junior at the University of Central Florida. She is majoring in English Literature with a minor in Business. Her dream is to work as an editor at a publishing comany, and maybe even run her own imprint someday. Her favorite show is Sex and the City and she gets through life by thinking she's Carrie Bradshaw. When she's not watching that (which doesn't happen often), she has her nose in a book, or Rihanna's business. Fashion is her second love to reading and she lives for R&B throwbacks. You can follow her on Instagram @annelluna_ to see her attempt at an #ootd.
UCF Contributor