This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

In order to reduce the stress that comes with the morning rush to class, work, and internships, here are five ways to get ready faster in the morning and to simplify your morning routine!

Plan ahead

To avoid scrambling all over the place in the morning looking for book and keys and such, be sure to pack your school bag the night before and leave it by the door. Pick out your outfit— including accessories, shoes, and underwear— and lay it all out so you just have to slip it all on after getting prepped and ready for the day!

Pack your lunch

Packing your lunch the night before can help cut at least 15 minutes off your morning routine. Have everything ready in the refrigerator and leave the plastic ware in a lunch bag ready to go on the kitchen counter. Don’t forget to bring extra snacks!

Set up the coffee maker

For most college students, caffeine is the key to an early start. Set up the coffee maker the night before, that way the coffee can brew while you get ready and you can have freshly brewed coffee ready with your breakfast or in your to-go cup!  

You snooze, you lose

Snoozing the alarm clock doesn’t do any good for your body and only makes you sleepier! Instead, try setting your alarm clock on the other side of the room, the jump out of bed will get you going for the day

Have a go-to outfit

Leggings, an oversized sweater and a pair of boots make up the perfect lazy day outfit for those days when you’d rather stay in pajamas, but of course you want to arrive to class in comfort and style.