jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Fashion Tips and Tricks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

With so much sunshine sometimes we Floridians forget what to do when the weather dips below 75 degrees. Luckily, we here at Her Campus UCF are here with a field guide on how to dress for fall, with a few tips on what to do this season. While Florida isn’t exactly known for it’s changing leaves or white winters, it’s still fun to get in the spirit of the season and to dress comfortably (and fashionably) for those chilly nights.

Layer it on

Because of the temperature changes from day to night it’s important to layer.

Layering means you’ll not only never be cold, but also more comfortable. Plus, the opportunities for mixing and matching are chic and endless.

Boots

There may be no need for snow boots here, but a good pair of boots can add an autumnal touch to any outfit, while also keeping your toes warm when the weather dips down at night.

Sandals won’t cut it in the colder months, instead opt for a cute pair of knee-highs, riding boots, cowboy boots, ankle booties, combat boots, platform boots, Doc Martens, or whatever your style is.

Sweater Weather

Take advantage of these few months of sweater weather while they last.

Cardigans, thin patterned sweaters, and cropped chunky sweaters all look adorable thrown over your favorite sundress. Try belting the ensemble, or throwing on some boots, tights or whatever other sweater weather attire you have hiding in your closet. 

Accentuate with Accessories

Accessories are the ideal way to make an old outfit look and feel brand new. There’s no need to put away all those warm weather clothes quite yet, all your wardrobe needs is a little adjusting.

Scarves, hats, tights, and leg warmers are the perfect cold weather accessories to dress for fall weather.
As far as jewelry goes, any earth tones will play right into the fall feel.

Have a date? Grab your favorite sundress, throw on a cardigan, layer on a pair tights, slip on a pair of boots and voilà, — the perfect fall night outfit.

Get Thrifty

This fall, get to know your local thrift stores.

Just because the weather is changing doesn’t mean you have to break the bank.

Local thrift stores like Goodwill, the Salvation Army, Plato’s Closet, and many more can be the perfect place to find gently used, and sometimes even brand new items, including purses, coats, sweaters, jeans, skirts, etc.