DANCE it out with Leon Else’s New Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Leon Else’s new song “Dance” has a rhythm to it that anyone can make anyone get on their feet. The British, pop-soul artist has a energy to him that is incomparable to any male performer this generation has seen. His new hit is filled with an energy that can make anyone want to DANCE.

With the release of his new single, we got a glimpse at the true meaning behind his music. He describes how dance can be used as a form of therapy to get people out of hard times. The funky beat creates a mood freedom and individuality. Its unique sound is something to remember. This is the type of song you would listen to if you wanted to lose yourself in music for two minutes and thirty-seven seconds. “Dance” encourages people to overcome their greatest challenges (mentally and physically) through the power of music. Anyone who has ever felt a need to “dance it out” to relieve stress can relate to the catchy lyrics.

The music video for this song is emotionally revealing. It opens with a dramatic dark room and a single, lit lamp. He goes on to dance with passion that hasn’t been seen since Kevin Bacon in “Footloose”. His edgy, sharp movements keep you interested and involved in the song. It’s so fun to watch and keeps you mesmerized.

This is just the beginning for the singer-songwriter. Leon Else’s “Dance” is a great song to listen to for a good time. 

UCF Contributor