Classic Colors: Spring Fashion 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Classic Colors: Spring 2013 Fashion

Spring has sprung and summer will be here before you know it! With that being said, if you are fashion-crazed like myself, I am sure you are already aware of one of the most amazing color trends for Spring 2013: Black and White! These two color combinations are not new on the scene though, in fact, they are one of the most classic color trends ever. From runways to red carpets, Grammys, to evenings out, black and white will forever be the go-to color combination. Black and white is versatile, classy and can go from day to evening in an instant. Here are some celebrities who have recently been spotted sporting black and white:

1. Beyonce

This past Grammy Awards show, we all saw Beyoncé look so effortlessly polished and put together in this gorgeous and sophisticated black and white jump suit by London designer Osman. With her hair pulled back into a sleek low pony she is ready for her close up! Notice her lip color, a bold red statement lip. This adds pizazz and interest to the entire look without taking over, letting the outfit remain the focal point. Black and white attire with a red lip is classic, ladies. Checked out Forever 21 lately? I was in there recently and there was a section dedicated to black and white. From blazers to trousers, blouses and more, you can get a similar look for less and not break the bank by doing so!

2. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba looks business casual chic in her black and white attire worn during 2013 Fashion Week. This, in my opinion, is one of the most basic, classic ways to wear black and white: a basic white button up blouse and black pants. With her tussled hair and flawless face, she is ready for the world! The beading on Jessica’s blazer adds visual interest to the outfit and a nice modern touch. Blazers are a great way to dress up or dress down any outfit especially when they fit to flatter! You go Jessica! This look could also be worn with a bold red lip and even a top knot bun, for a more edgier look; or toned down with a low bun to wear for an interview. Stores like Forever 21, local thrift stores and small boutiques are great places to find staple black and white pieces for your wardrobe, these pieces are usually inexpensive and always essential!

3. Kim Kardashian

Kim Kardashian looks chic in this black and white draped dress and white pointed toe pumps. Though she has been the source of much scrutiny as of late, one thing is sure: She is one of the most fashionable celebrities ever, if I must say so myself. However, this is not my absolute favorite look of hers. This look is much different than recent looks we have seen on Kim. If you like the look though, I am sure that similar looks may be found at places like White House Black Market.

4. Runway Models

This Michael Kors runway model is looking quite dapper at Fashion Week 2013. In a sea of black and white, his blazer is fitted to perfection with horizontal patterns, black and white checkered shirt, and solid black tie! This look is definitely not for those afraid to be bold and daring when it comes to fashion! Horizontal patterns are always great for guys and girls alike because they are going to make you look taller and slimmer! This look does not have to be matched exactly. Even a basic black fitted blazer would suffice, though not as interesting. The checkered style shirt is also a big trend this season! With a black blazer and black pants this can easily become an inspired look!