5 Desserts Perfect for a Spring Picnic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Spring is now in full swing, the flowers are blooming and the weather is gorgeous! There’s no better place than to be outside during this time of year. It’s time for shorts, sundresses, and picnics. Here are 5 perfect spring desserts to impress your friends and add a little more color and sugar to this beautiful time of year.

1. Mini Rainbow Cupcakes

These adorable little rainbow cupcakes are sure to be the hit of any party or picnic. These bite sized treats are great for small or large numbers of people and are fun to make (especially if you have a friend to help you out). Click here for step-by-step with pictures.

2. Cadbury Crème Cupcakes

Probably the most iconic springtime chocolate treat is the Cadbury Crème Egg. Combine this yummy candy with a cupcake and you can’t go wrong. These cupcakes are surprisingly easy to make, click here to see the full recipe.

3. Easter Basket Cake

This Kit Kat Easter basket cake is always a fan favorite. If you have a friend with a spring birthday this is the perfect cake for the occasion. The best part about this cake is that you can fill the top with the candy of your choice, making it unique to you. Click here to see step-by-step.

4. Peep S’mores

If you are having a picnic later in the day and have a bonfire, s’mores are the obvious way to end your picnic. What many people forget is that Peeps are the perfect colorful substitution for traditional marshmallows.

5. Hamburger Cupcakes

Hamburger cupcakes are a great picnic food. Not only are they freakin’ adorable, but they also stack nicely for transportation. They are easy to make and are less messy to eat, while still making you look like a baking pro! Click here to see step-by-step.

Enjoy this wonderful time of year and be sure to share with us your favorite spring picnic desserts.

Kristen Wiley is an Advertising/Public Relations student at the University of Central Florida. She is the founder of “We’re Calling Shenanigans,” a blog that tests out popular Pinterest posts to see if they really work. When she isn’t writing content for her blog she enjoys playing volleyball and catching up on the latest social media trends.
UCF Contributor