andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 Best Beaches Near UCF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Hey collegiettes! It’s almost summer, which means it’s almost time to relax and not think about school for a few months. Unless you’re staying at UCF for summer like myself, in which case it’s time to kind of think about school but definitely still hit the beach every weekend. To help you catch some rays over summer break, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite beaches around the Orlando area. As you may have guessed, most are a drive, but it’s worth it for that back-to-school glow!

1. Cocoa

Arguably the most popular beach destination for UCF students, Cocoa Beach is absolutely gorgeous in the summer. If you’re like me and from the West Coast, you need to take advantage of every opportunity with the Atlantic Ocean! Baby blue waters and surfer boys galore, Cocoa is an absolute must for any summer beach trip.

Travel time: 1 hour

2. Daytona

Second to Cocoa, Daytona is an insanely popular destination for UCF beachgoers. One of the coolest things about Daytona, in my opinion, is that you can park your car right on the beach! Also on the Atlantic, make sure you stop by Daytona this summer for some seriously nice waves.

Travel time: 1 hour

3. New Smyrna

New Smyrna Beach is also an awesome pick for any collegiette wanting to catch a tan this summer. Voted one of Florida’s Top 10 Beaches by Dr. Beach and one of 20 Best Surf Towns by National Geographic, New Smyrna is a great beach for our more athletic reader looking to catch some rays and get her surf on.

Travel time: 1 hour

4. Satellite Beach

A bit lesser known, Satellite Beach is a gorgeous travel destination for UCF students this summer. Featuring gorgeous weather, blue skies, and pearl white sand, Satellite Beach is one beach that deserves a trip to reward you for all your hard work this semester!

Travel time: 1 hour

5. Treasure Island

For a good West Coast beach, you’re gonna need a bit more of a drive, but beaches like Treasure Island/Melbourne make up for the added time behind the wheel with an incredible history. Word is that when the waters are clear, you can see the same reefs that broke up pirate ships over a century ago! Quieter than their East Coast counterparts, these beaches are a good option for more studious collegiettes who may be taking this summer to study for the fall semester!

Travel time: 2 hours  

Whichever beach you decide to frequent, make sure you use proper sun protection and be responsible! Stay safe and happy summer, UCF!

UCF Contributor